Desribe the perfect car from your past.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

When I was growing up, my mother had a 73 Split bumper Camaro. Black with gold rally stripes. Black crushed velvet interior, swivel buckets up front. Hurst 4 speed behind a hi-po 350(if I remember right). That car was so stinkin fast, my mother would race motorcycles and win. I wish I could have that car! The bozo she was married to at the time blew up the motor and then sold it. The guy that bought it got it back on the road and then totaled it. Sad days...:(

1973 was a good year for Chevrolet. When I was a senior in high school I bought a 73 Monte Carlo and I still think it was the best riding car ever. Wish I could find a good one now.

I used to be a fan of Rotary engined Mazdas, had heaps of them. I had a rotary powered rwd 78 323. That car in New Zealand would be worth 15-20k now, sold it for $1000 with no repower cert. It went like stink.

Two that got away...

1) Our widowed neighbor next door had a '67 Camaro RS/SS. Butternut Yellow. Her husband bought it new. She sold it in about 1982. Still had the original redline tires and VERY low miles. Absolutely showroom/collector condition. I begged her to sell it to me, no dice. I learned later she was afraid I would wreck it. I guess I shouldn't have done hairy burnouts in my own neighborhood. :D

2) Years later, my good friend's '65 GTO. Tri-Power 389, 4-speed, posi. Lipstick red, (yeah, that's a Pontiac color) white interior. Beautiful car, but I couldn't scrape up the funds at the time. :(

My Mother had a 1969 ford torino that she bought new.She drove it for years and when the trans went out in it she gave it to me. By the time I got it it was a rust bucket. I drove it for about a year and sold it.Wish now that I had kept it.:(

i kick myself occasionally b/c of this one

in 93-94 a guy drives up to the bodyshop i was working at in his 1970 mustang fastback... 302 auto ps,pb, ac...
he was aggravated b/c it got "warm" on him when driving it n he priced it to me for 2250... i went out, walked around it, noticing it needed a paintjob, new tires, and the interior was in need of door panels and carpeting...

i passed on it...

same car today in same condition would be worth 3 times that!:rolleyes:

2 cars
1 would be my high school car, white 1964 Cutlass 2 door hardtop with red bucket interior and 4 speed

2 would be the 66 442 I was the second owner on. Also a 4 speed but a bench seat coupe with 4.33 posi.

Also worth mentioning was another car I was second owner on, a 1968 Torino GT, 289 3 speed.

the one i wanted and still do is a 67 fairlane with a 472 caddy th400 man that thing could go. the two i wish i still had a 67 442 400 4speed and a 72 javilin amx 360 auto go package, well i'll throw in a 68 caprice two door short top 396, so that is three i wish i still had.

My perfect car served me for 16 years, I never once had to work on it, I didn't pay a dime for it, nor did I even have to pay for the fuel...

...it was my Dad's car.

My buddy was a lil older & bought the 1st GTO that was delivered in Houston. Triple black, 3 deuces, 4 speed, 4.11 rear & reverb radio! That car had brutal power!!! They had a TV commercial for the Goat back then that said you could put a $100 bill on the dash & go through all the gears & the passenger would be pressed back in the seat & could not grab the $$$! That was a true statement! It would lay rubber in all 4 gears on concrete! Love to have that car in my garage right now!!!

BoB

Don't laugh man, but it's the first car I've ever owned that I wasn't always thinking about what I'd get next. I bought it in August of 2007 with 28,000 miles and I'm still driving it today at 134,000. It's a 2006 Audi A6 Wagon.........I said don't laugh man!!

I was 16 buying a 1970 roadrunner from a guy...383 magnum pistol grip 4 speed dana 60 posi, aluminum mags had original wheels to go with it. he pulled the heads to do a gasket job and got lost on putting it back together until the engine rusted. He was selling it to me for $350 and it took 2 weeks at burger king to make it. was talking to him couple times a week letting him know i was getting closer., he sold it for $100 for a bag of weed the day before payday when i would have picked it up to someone who worked with my "best friend".
back in the wild wild west there was a gentlemanly way of handling greasy skeeters it was called satisfaction at high noon and people were much better behaved in those days. [cl

It was 1968 and my Dad said, "Why don't you buy a '55 Nomad station?". He had seen an ad in the L.A. Times so we went to go look at it. I was black lacquer with diamond butt and tuck interior. Motor was a 327 with a 4 speed. Asking price was $750. The seller said someone was coming down from San Francisco with a trailer. Sad, I couldn't come up with the $750. However, for $500, I bought a theft recovered '55 Nomad that needed a lot of work.

Latest posts

Back