Did you like "Hard Shine"? Poll

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Shine

• I liked it and will watch again

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • It sucked and I won't waste my time again

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I didn't watch it, don't care

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4t64rd

The premier of Jimmy Shine's "Hard Shine" was on tonight, did you watch it, did you like it and will watch again, or did it just plain suck?

I'm watching for Dave...
DeathsDoorStep.jpg

There should be one more choice to vote for......"I didn't like it and will only watch one more time to see if it improves.":D:D

I am still in disbelief that the Producers of the show thought it would actually have some merit to have two girls who have never turned a wrench in that mix. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ??? Reminds me of those stupid "B" hot rod movies from the '60's, where everybody is having a switchblade fight one second, and dancing on the cars the next. Then Peggy Sue wins the big hot rod race with a car they built out of Grandpa's old tractor !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only reason I will watch it again is because I want to give it one more chance to improve, and I want to see if they allow Dave (Littleman) to show how good he really is. That bit about not cutting the hole with a holesaw was lame. I would have used a holesaw too, and gotten a perfectly round hole instead of a shakey one on the bandsaw.

And, how would you like to be the guy shelling out huge money for that Deuce, and have beginners working on it, and also hear that " not all the parts need to be a 10?"

One more shot is all they get from me.

Don

Hard to believe they would allow themselves to turn "Hollywood". Buddy of mine owns Hot Rods and Hobbies. Extremely talented builder and designer. His cars are extremely "highend". He painted the Monster Garage Chevy custom. The producers offered to put him on TV in exchange for the paint job. He blew them off and got paid. That, I can respect.

At least, on the Power Block, they show you how it's done instead of useless drama.

I turned to HGTV after that girl refused to use the wheel because of her finger nails, didn't watch anymore. She calls herself an artist but will not use anything like that because of her 'pretty nails', gimme a break, if you are going to work on cars, you have to use things like that, cut the stupid nails, they will grow back when you are finished. :rolleyes: I couldn't stand it....had to move on to something else. Sorry y'all.

Haven't watched it yet although I plan to watch it like I watch all those type of car and bike shows. Set the DVR to record whenever it comes on then fast foreward through the commercials and drama. I get all the good ideas and "how to" info without all the fluff. 30 minute show in under 15 minutes and 1 hour show in about 20 minutes. And I do it on my schedule not the networks schedule.

Haven't watched it yet although I plan to watch it like I watch all those type of car and bike shows. Set the DVR to record whenever it comes on then fast foreward through the commercials and drama. I get all the good ideas and "how to" info without all the fluff. 30 minute show in under 15 minutes and 1 hour show in about 20 minutes. And I do it on my schedule not the networks schedule.

That is exactly what I do.Its already recorded before I even Know.I watch all the power block stuff in no time also.I have Dish Network.It works really good.

She has already quit.

i think she was only on there to take up space until littleman (dave)got there:D "you can do both of them jimmy, i'll watch" i would have fired her right there. how ungrateful would you have to be to say that when it is YOU that is there for the job. good thing she is gone.

The premier of Jimmy Shine's "Hard Shine" was on tonight, did you watch it, did you like it and will watch again, or did it just plain suck?

I saw a commercial for it. Looked interesting until I saw some chick with a face full of metal. Figured if I had to stomach THAT, I ain't gonna watch it.:D

Otherwise, I'd have tried to remember when it was on and watch it.

I watched it last night for the first time. It was ok but i fell asleep watching it. I'd like to see more building and less shine

Caught it last night, didn’t think it was bad. Jimmy seems down to earth.
It’s defiantly a chance of a lifetime for the 5 apprentice’s.
Even if you weren’t picked at the end, the experience would be priceless.
From the other posts I figured it would be really lame. Thought I’d have to turn my Shine t-shirts I’ve been wearing for years into shop rags.

Jeff

It looks like we will find out Dave (Littleman) bails out too. His wife seems to be pressuring him to come back to Ohio. He seems to be wrestling with that. This may not be popular to say, but I'm afraid I would tell her "Honey, this is our chance for a better life, and I am the breadwinner, so guess where we are going?"

My ex was smart enough to realize that while she may not have liked picking up and moving cross country like we did a few times, it was for the betterment of the family, and she did it for that reason.

Guess I am just old fashioned with all that "wither thou goest" stuff and all.:p

Don

Latest posts

Back