Direction on a project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
I did a little wheeling and dealing and picked up a 89 Ford F250 Crewcab, fuel injected 460/C6 2wheel drive pickup. The body is pretty much shot, dents and dings everywhere. I am going to end up with no $ in it, have to do a little welding for it. So the question is what to do with it?

Hot rod, shop truck, hauler, etc?

Seems like it would make a good shop truck to me, to use for the jobs that you wouldn't want to use a truck with a nice body for.

I pull my enclosed trailer for my racecar with a F-350 5-speed crew cab. Heck of a truck. If I can put it in the bed or hook it to it ,it will haul it. Mine also gets about 16 MPG. Not too bad being big block, gas and pulling a 20 ft trailer. I would use it for a shop truck and to go junk yard diggin. Wont have to worry about beating up the bed.
Tim

I am really torn. I have my 07 gmc crew 3/4 that does everything. I built iron bedcaps on it so I can haul junk. It pulls a trailer great. I really don't need another big truck. How about this? Pull off that Ford body, and drop on an old cab and full fenders. I am thinking old Ford but anything would work. At least then I could build a flat bed and a roadster to go with it. Since it is a crew it will handle a big flat bed. I du'nno it is just an idea.

Gee, Wilikers!

Last week we were on a feild trip to the show in Salt Lake City, and saw this very well done and inspiring Ford truck, maybe you could do something like it, I'm sure they did'nt have a whole lot of time in it!

Attachments

• Auto rama 08 045.jpg
    Auto rama 08 045.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 25
  • Auto rama 08 047.jpg
    Auto rama 08 047.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Auto rama 08 046.jpg
    Auto rama 08 046.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 10
Drop a 30s or 40s road tractor cab on it ( International, auto car) and have a large size rat rod. With stacks,side tanks and a sleeper. ;)
Tim

Cool stuff. Got my 6 month check up today at the docs. He says start back to work a little at a time, so I am chomp'in at the bit to do just that.

good ideas

Good to hear that you'll be back to work, bonehead!

Whatever you do with the Truck, I'm sure it'll be cool and useful.

440shorty

i lke it

Bone head i really like the idea of a functional hot rod truck. I like the idea of changing out the cab and making a car hauler outof it. take lost of pics and keep us up to date. wish i was claser to come help out.

Pablo

Bonehead, really happy to hear about your healing progress. Just take it easy and don't overdo things for a while. All that sitting around watching the Guiding lIght and The Price Is Right have softened you up a little. :D Need to gradually get back into it.

Good luck,

Don

The Price IS Right

I still remember being little (7 yrs old or so) and staying home from school - only thing my mom would allow me to watch was The Price is Right and other game shows like Family Feud - wouldn't want to corrupt a young mind with soaps :rolleyes:

BTW I saw a really neat Rollback at the All Chrysler Nationals one year - was a 50s Dodge cab on a modern chassis, complete with Cummins Diesel! Very cool.

440shorty

Latest posts

Back