Dirty rotten scoundreles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Was working on the Stude today. There was a rust spot where I didn't think a rust spot should be. Started to grind it out and this is what I found.

Believe it or not next to the front floors this is the worst rust spot on the car.
And I know what caused it .....Dirty rotten rodents.

They managed to squeeze into the pocket of the trunk hinge! Rusted from the inside out from rodent urine.

Attachments

• trunk-rust.jpg
    trunk-rust.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50
  • trunk-rust1.jpg
    trunk-rust1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 51
  • trunk-rust3.jpg
    trunk-rust3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 47
  • trunk-rust4.jpg
    trunk-rust4.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 46
Go for a ride

My friend stopped over yesterday and said jump in. We headed outside of town to look at some cars in a dam, thought he might find a 1/4 panel for his 57 Courier. Sorry, didn't have the time to come back home for a camera. All rusted hulks, 4 53-56 Oldmobiles, 50, 51 and 56 Fords and a 37 Slantback that still has a good set of headlight buckets & stands and windshield frame. Nothing else good there. Then we drive over the hill and find 4 old Mopars, pretty stripped out and beat up, a 64 Dart 2 door hardtop with bucket seats, a 56 Dodge Coronet and about a 64-65 Chrysler 300 4 door hardtop that also had bucket seats. Not much left of them but the 56 Dodge has good 1/4 panels, make cool bedsides for that 55 Dodge 5 window I have yet to bring home from Montana.

Latest posts

Back