disc brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26modelt

off of what type of vehicle could i use the disk brake set up for a 27 ford straight axel with drum brakes

headin to the yard this weekend , tryin to figure out what i need

thanks

Someone else jump in if I’m wrong, but I think you have to have 31’ or newer spindles to run any disk brakes. Then you’ll still need the bearing adapters from Speedway.

I’m running some mid 70’s Ford truck rotors on mine, with 32’ spindles; I needed the 5 on 5-1/2 to run the wheels I wanted. Once you get the right spindles, you’ll have options on rotors depending on what lug spacing you want.

Speedway tech#: 1-800-979-0122

I'm not sure there's much you can do with a model T axle. If it was a Model A or later (28 and up) you would still need 37-48 spindles and a conversion kit to run disk brakes.

yeah i have to agree with sugar ray and big Irish.. every thing i have ever read basically says the model T axles and frames are only useful to the restorers.. not strong enough for any sort of a hot rod.

model t

so u wouldnt reccomend boxing in the frame on the t,,,,u think i should start from scratch

I guess it would depend on what kind of motor you are going to use. Anything other than a 4 banger, you should start from scratch.

It will be just as much work to box the whole thing than build new anyway. You could save the front and rear crossmembers from your T frame and use those on your new one.

Latest posts

Back