Discovered a cool car graveyard today!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I was visitin' with an old high school bud (yes... we had high school back during the covered wagon era :rolleyes:).Took some fotos of my new nailhead & when we went to lunch... my buddy showed me this awesome graveyard. It was hard to take pictures from the road but there are 200-300 cars easy. Most are grouped (Fords, Mercs, Mopars & a smaller section of old trucks. They're mainly 60's stuff but lots of 50's & earlier stuff too. Stuff is shown by appt only so my bud & I will b headed back there soon. He also gave me a lead on a 30's -40's yard about an hour & 1/2 from here so I may try to get over there next week! Anyway... check these shots!!! After we get an appt to see 'um closer up... I promise lots more pictures.

BoB

PS: Lots of Darts, Dusters & cool 60's Mopars. Really got me excited... perfect ratty material!!!

Attachments

• lot1.jpg
    lot1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 117
  • lot2.jpg
    lot2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 137
  • lottrucks.jpg
    lottrucks.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 83
  • passsidewith.jpg
    passsidewith.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 75
  • back2with.jpg
    back2with.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
4 sale!!!

That's cool Bob, Do they sell any of the cars and parts or are they just hoarding them?

Gastrick,
They're for sale but only whole cars from what I can understand but after I get in touch I'll report back. It was hard seeing them all from he road & I can't wait to be out in there!!!

BoB

I love junkyards and I really miss the small one I had near my home in east Tejas.
Hey I heard once on another forum that there is a Tucker in a junkyard down there somewhere, the dude said he saw it. Pretty sure they are all accounted for so :rolleyes:

Willowbilly,
last time I talked to the owner of the Swigart Museum he said there was one that got sent to the scrapper waaaaay back then and is really unacounted for afterwards, so there might be some (though highly doubtful) crediblity to the "dude's" story. Mr Swigart owns the the Tin Goose prototype and I think car 13 so i would trust his word.

Preston

Latest posts

Back