discovering rods in your neighborhood?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4orty9

apparently this guy livin down the street from me has had a t bucket for years, saw him driving around town the other day and the father said he was only a few houses away [of course he keeps it in the closed garage WITH a cover over it 12 months out of the year...]. aross the road from him is some guy who works on random projects covered in tarp for years, and never finishes. an old camaro around the corner, and on the same street the other day theres apparently some guy building a model a! bare metal and all.

anyone else find that theyve been living next to someone with a secret project for years?

I've often said there's more project cars in the cities than out in the country. You just need x-ray vision to see them in the garages and sheds. Only a couple people in my neighborhood know I have hot rods. They see them on the street but don't know which house they come from. I regularily meet people that live near me that have rods at the local cruise nights. Cars I've never seen and they've had them for years.

I used to run around and play with one my best friends back in the day on his grandpas farm, and there was and still is a Model T sitting right out in the open. We probably even played on it. I never payed any attention to it until recently.

yeah my neighbor next door...met him for 1st time yesterday..he was asking about my cars...said he had one in his building..so i was curious of course...has a ols model t cab and w model aa frame..it was in pieces but good to know had a fellow car guy beside me..

one of my friends works for FPL as a lineman, so he`s in alot of backyards , I hear about things from him all the time.

There's a couple, well more then a handfull of old turds building rods in my general hood. Some of them are really stuck on themselves as well. I always have kids lurking around my place when the shop doors are up. It never fails, every summer I end up with at least a dozon or so bicycles needing fixing for the local rats :D. Their parents usually show up sometime during the summer to offer up cash for the work. Especially the customs and mods being done to their kids rides...:rolleyes:;) My own can't get enough of the stuff.:eek:
Wonder why?:p

I was driving my Effie home the other night. When I pulled into the garage I looked in the rear view and there was a guy on a bike standing behind my truck. I thought, "Great- who's this turkey that wants to poke around my garage?" I got out and he started checking out the truck and my '39.

Seemed like a nice guy and pretty knowledgeable. He said he had a '49 Plymouth that he was doing a 3 year frame-off "rodification" of. I immediately started thinking, "Ok, another guy with a project that'll never get done."

But the more he started talking the more I knew he was "ok". He said he had an original Edmunds 2 X 2 intake, Fenton headers, and so on. He invited me down to take alook at it so we threw his bike in the back of the truck and headed over.

Turns out he only lives a few blocks away and the car is wicked nice- all built up with original type speed parts done right.

Two weeks later he had it on the road and finished. Nice car, nice guy.

It is good to have "car guys" in the neighborhood when you need to borrow a tool or need a helping hand.

Jay

I have a guy across the street that moved in about a year ago. Never talked to him or seen him around much. The other day I was out working on my ride and see him coming up the driveway. He says how ya doing, nice car man. I did'nt quite recognize him since I don't see him around much and said thanks man can I help you? He siad yeah I'm your neighbor from across the street, the names Rod.;)

Are'nt ya glad ya read that!

Latest posts

Back