Discovery of a long lost 40s to 60s junk yard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't get my knickers in a wad over what other people do with their junk or what they think it's worth.
Even if he set a price of $400-$500 per car, they would probably mostly still end up crushed and then every one would be all butt hurt over it. I've seen that play out on several junkyards.
What is the convertible with the fixed side glass? Must be some kind of Rambler maybe?
There's lots of cool 2 door hardtops there and I appreciate you sharing the pictures.

The pic that I posted of a Vert was a 54 Packard Carribian(spelling?) there were 4 or 5 of them. Looked like they were driven in and parked there and the tops just rotted off them. There was at least 35 different converts Buick/Olds/Pontiac/Caddy/ Packard/ Fords/ they were all there.
Stumbuled on 2, 50 Merc converts just sinking into the ground!:(

I don't see much more than a few parts. Looks like most have sit there too long to be any good, and most of them look like they have already been picked over pretty good. Heck, he could have gave you the trim pieces and never missed them. That reminds me of the folks who say "I'm gonna fix it up one day when blah blah blah". That day never comes, it rots into the ground, and you see it on it's way to the crusher......

Personally, I don't get my knickers in a wad over what other people do with their junk or what they think it's worth.

For many of us, it's probaby harder to take because of the lack of tin around. A guy in the desert is gonna have a differing veiw of wasting water than I do. Its always sad to see it go though.

Very well put Sam, thanks. When I saw 2 count'm 2, 56 Crown Vics both just about perfect from mid section up I just sat on a downed tree and felt very very sad and thought WHY would anyone just leave those works of art to just set there and die a slow sinking death.:(

Latest posts

Back