Do ya need a front panhard bar with a buggy spring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
I noticed this 27 Coupe had a front panhard bar. You can see it under the headlight. Attached to the axle and other end attached to spring perch. I asked the owner if he really needed it and he was like absolutely you need one. I have never run one on the front with buggy spring but I always used a short spring [26 to 30 in.] his spring is kinda l0ng...What is the opinions from you'all?

Attachments

• clarksville cruz 047 (Small).jpg
    clarksville cruz 047 (Small).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 64
You dont with the steering going down the side, but you do with a cross steer.

Cross steer will try to push the chassis on the shackle pivot if you dont have one.

The car you pictured, doesnt need one.

You don't need them with a cross steer either if the spring is hung properly. They are usually a band-aid for improper angle on the shackles under load.

The front panhard bar keeps the spring shackles from allowing the front end to wander side to side. Some car setups don't need one. Another benefit is it will keep the axle from shifting if a main leaf breaks. (suicide)

weld on....[;)

Car pictured you can see the shackle on the drivers side is straight up and down. He probably had a problem he fixed with the bar. :eek:

Latest posts

Back