Do you know the speed-traps in your hometown?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost in the 50s

I had no idea this was available to everyone.
Do you know the speed-traps in your hometown?
This is for real.....in much detail. Even to the description of the
unmarked cars used for layering and ticketing in all states.

This is interesting. Click on what ever state you want and then
it will show the city or towns you want to view, click on which one you
want to view see if you know any of them.

http://www.speedtrap.org/

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 30
Well that site was nice. Nailed everywhere the cops sit in my town.

One thing i dont understand though is they say some things are speed traps when not. Like just going down the highway and a State Trooper pulls you over cause he just happened to be on that road. They are calling that a speed trap. To me a speed trap is when the cop sits right at the speed limit signs, or maybe hide off behind stuff. Not just going down the highway.

Very accurate for my state . I always thought a speed trap was one that was well set up to specificaly catch people when they didn't expect it . They use the same spots over and over because they work on those who don't use the road on a regular basis . Locals know they will be there often so they use another route if possible or remember to slow down . Definatly used as money makers .

Most of ours are easy - we have traffic cameras. And they are set about 12mph over. I'm OK with that. The one thing I like about cameras, it doesn't go against your license.

Usually, these sites only cover the U.S.... WOW there's like nine pages for Oshawa, ON!! Only ONE page listed for where I grew up (Orono, ON).:D

Thanks for sharing this site....dunno how accurate my local ones are, only 'cuz I drive slow like Grampa!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back