DODGE M-37 or M-43 DRAG LINK, need sizes please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtyrat

Got Fins?
Can someone tell me what size the pivot balls are for a Dodge M-37/43 drag link?

This drag link is the right length (24") if it is for a 1" pivot ball.

Thanks guys!

Not yet, sure would appreciate a measurement!, I did notice they are 24" overall which is a little short, but I plan on lengthening one anyhow, but trying to buy one that is cheaper than $80 new...

I didn't think about them being different sizes, I just assumed all setups had the same size on the steering arm and the pitman arm?

I'm guessing I'll end up spending the money for an F-1/F-100 one (mine is wasted) and lengthen it unless one of these other options pans out on the sorrect size pivot ball.

them things are locked up pretty good I spayed some penetrating oil on them and they aint budged . but all I have is a big screw driver to turn it with so that's not a lot of pressure on it . ill leave it soak for another day to see what happens tomorrow. are you going to use the m-37 box and a different front axle or what ?

There is a lock pin or what not through the end usually so they won't unthread.

Not a big deal if you cannot get them apart, perhaps someone else knows what the size is as well on here.

I'm using an F-1 steering arm, and a used toyota power box with a CPP pitman arm thats used on their kits to convert to power steering...

yea the pin come out with no problem , I would say ,its been on there for a while , ive been on the power wagon site , and they said there is a fault in the ball that is on the idler arm , it will brake off .. and they don't sell a replacement for it . May be a good idea to use parts you know you can get replacements for. Im looking for a 63 donor truck my self .

just got an email from vintage they said it measures 1.240 inches .. hope this will help Dirtyrat :) This would be on a 64 M-37 I don't know how to read calipers so you will have to figure this one out .

Last edited:
I had one kinda lined up , it was a 63 , I was patiently waiting on an elderly women to make up her mind on price of it , and a junk man stole it and crushed it before the owner new it was taken. when they figured out who took it, it was already crushed , don't know what will become of that ordeal .. so now im looking again.

Latest posts

Back