Does "Rat Rod" have to have wheels?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TudorP15

I am thinking about finding a good old school pin stripper to do some pin stripping in the old Roth style on my Les Paul Rat Axe. I think it would look cool with a subtle red detail to represent the loved Rat Rod red wheels. Maybe red control knobs or something?

My "Rat Axe"
155504_184912341524564_100000173975723_722545_2796039_n.jpg

Flat black and red knobs are Soooooo overdone! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Maybe you could chop the neck?

....hold it, that wouldn't work, would it....[S

Aren't Les Paul guitars worth good money? Or is this one of the low end ones? My Sons are sax players and you never have one refinished, it kills the sound quality and the value. Just wondering.

Don

Not a rare one..

Aren't Les Paul guitars worth good money? Or is this one of the low end ones? My Sons are sax players and you never have one refinished, it kills the sound quality and the value. Just wondering.

Don

No, this is an Gibson Epiphone les Paul. Epiphone is a Gibson, but it's the Asia division that builds the same guitar but a factory one. The ones built in the USA are hand built, hence works of art, and very costly. The Gibson Epiphone is the same guitar, but not hand built so they are about half the money. This one is a $400 axe. It's counterpart USA Hand built one is about $1200. So, yes, it's a real les paul, and yes it is a Gibson, but built to play and have fun with, not as an investment.

No, this is an Gibson Epiphone les Paul. Epiphone is a Gibson, but it's the Asia division that builds the same guitar but a factory one. The ones built in the USA are hand built, hence works of art, and very costly. The Gibson Epiphone is the same guitar, but not hand built so they are about half the money. This one is a $400 axe. It's counterpart USA Hand built one is about $1200. So, yes, it's a real les paul, and yes it is a Gibson, but built to play and have fun with, not as an investment.

if you change the pickups - you have a gibson les paul --
minus the solid piece body which is a STUPID idea anyways.
in my opinion anyways --

It's an Epiphone. Most guitarist playing Epiphones like to remind that it is a division of Gibson ;). Epiphone is a Gibson, but only a poor man's Gibson. The differnce being the Gibson badged Les Pauls are hand crafted one at a time in the USA, and 2nd to none quality and price. The Epiphone also by Gibson, but factory made in Asia. Very good quality (for a factory made instrument), and sent to Gibson USA for QA and Set up. Ephiphone badged guitars are about 1/3rd the $$$ of their USA counterparts. The benefit is you can own a awesome quality instrument, but less than half the money of it's hand crafted cousin.

So, to answer your direct question. It is Epiphone. I own two of them, the Les Paul Studio (in above picture) and a Les Paul Special II (my daughters). Both awesome guitars, and very nice sounding and playing guitars.

Is that an Epiphone or a Gibson?
Also I say try it

Latest posts

Back