does this sound like a good trade? HELP!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodyman101

i ment... deal not trade lol. Hey guys i need some advice. i went and looked at a t bucket body today, well a shell. there are no floor pans but the cowl is complete and decent with a rust on the bottom on both sides, but its all flat metal and can be repaired. there is no bed, or turtle shell or hood and the back part of i guess what you would consider the cab is rusted all the way out. the original frame is still there but not important. and then there is a roadster shell as well. not sure what year or anything its the back half from the doors back, its pretty good condition no dents or rust really. the guy wants 200.00 for the pair, does it sound like a good deal or no? i realize pics would help, but i didnt take any lol

Last edited:
i ment... deal not trade lol. Hey guys i need some advice. i went and looked at a t bucket body today, well a shell. there are no floor pans but the cowl is complete and decent with a rust on the bottom on both sides, but its all flat metal and can be repaired. there is no bed, or turtle shell or hood and the back part of i guess what you would consider the cab is rusted all the way out. the original frame is still there but not important. and then there is a roadster shell as well. not sure what year or anything its the back half from the doors back, its pretty good condition no dents or rust really. the guy wants 200.00 for the pair, does it sound like a good deal or no? i realize pics would help, but i didnt take any lol

$200... I'd be all over that!!!

BoB

bucket

Well its really up to you, depends what you have in mind for it. Are you going to use any of the frame? Combine the 2 body parts?

Post a set of pics for us.

52 fordman

ill get some pics of it, i would like have a rat rod, and im not going to use the frame, im going to by one, id like a t bucket though, i wont have any use for the roadster back except to fix it and sell it maybe or make it in to something else

Bman

I'm cofussed... My definition of a T-Bucket and a Roadster are one in the same... Unless they are different vintage, why couldnt you use the good back half of the roadster to replace what is the rotted back half of the T-Bucket... I have seen guys on here do amazing work with less...

i was understood that a t bucket as the roadsters that had the little bed thing in the back. but yea you make a good point, i could do that, and i think i will, i was just wondering if people thought it was worth the money

I believe the roadster with the bed in the back are considered a Roadster Pickup aka RPU... If it does not have a hard top it would be considered a roadster... I have an early Dodge body with a shortened turtle deck, and it is refered to as a T-Bucket, but I like the term roadster better... Anyway, $200 is a good investment for metal... Buy it and then do what many on this site recommend - lay it out on the garage floor, open a beer, sit down and stare at it, the ideas will come to you...

i called the guy and his daughter has a 90 mustang, so im trading him some gt ground effects for the bodies. i went and looked at them yesterday and wanted the afternoon to think about it. and its just hard to pass it up. and thanks rat rod jim for clearing up the t bucket roadster thing it makes since.

I would buy it and put the good cowl on the roadster rear end. I mean I wish I had a deal like that around

i ended up traded the guy a gt ground effects set off of a mustang for the body parts! i get the body this weekend and ill have pics, thanks for the addvice guys!

Latest posts

Back