Dogman"s 37 ford pu

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogman

Got started on chop , also ordered frame metal
Took a few photes of mockup ,I think I need to take 4" more out of bed
what do you think? Duckman

Attachments

• DSC00629.jpg
    DSC00629.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC00630.jpg
    DSC00630.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 119
It looks really mean the way you have it i really like it keep up the good work

It looks good. Do you have a straight on side shot? It doesn't look too long from the angle you posted. Of course, I tend to favor the bed a little longer on the late thirties trucks.

It looks good. Do you have a straight on side shot? It doesn't look too long from the angle you posted. Of course, I tend to favor the bed a little longer on the late thirties trucks.

This is the only shot I have that shows the bed Thanks for looking ,DOGMAN

Attachments

• truck 005.jpg
    truck 005.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 114
Hate to say it but I kinda think you should lengthen the bed;)

It looks good as it is. Im digging the logo on the side, any ideas on the trucks history?

Preston

Hate to say it but I kinda think you should lengthen the bed;)

It looks good as it is. Im digging the logo on the side, any ideas on the trucks history?

Preston
The truck came from the oil field ,was a 1.5 ton compressor truck used to start the engines on oil wells ,the business was located in Turnertown,Tex.it was owned by John Kiker and called Texas Boiler & sheet iron works
The last owner used the truck and compresser to drill parking meter holes in curbs all over east Texas

duckman

on the road

It has been as long road, here is a few pic's of the '37 ,DOGMAN

Attachments

• Larry's Phone 367.jpg
    Larry's Phone 367.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Larry's Phone 368.jpg
    Larry's Phone 368.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 45
I think the bed is fine like it is. At first I was thinking it could be shortened a few inches between the cab and rear tire but looking at the overall wheel base it needs to stay long to be proportionate with the long front end. Now that's just my opinion.

Nice project and I look forward to more progress pictures.

Here is a better side view.I decided to leave the bed alone because of the length of the frt. end , Thanks for all the help and i will try to get a few build pic.s posted soon ,DOGMAN

Attachments

• Larry's Phone 298.jpg
    Larry's Phone 298.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back