Door glass installed and front wire wheels installed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotwheels

I managed to find a set of radial tires that would fit the 35 wire rims and the door glass that i made templates for, finally came in and i installed the drivers side first.......

Attachments

• 47ratrod50 001.JPG
    47ratrod50 001.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 47ratrod50 002.JPG
    47ratrod50 002.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 47ratrod50 003.JPG
    47ratrod50 003.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 47ratrod50 004.JPG
    47ratrod50 004.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 47ratrod50 005.JPG
    47ratrod50 005.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 43
Why is the wheelbase SOOO long?
I wanted the truck to look different. Most rat rod pickups end up with a short front end, i went with 32" hairpins to give the truck a long look.......

ratchet041 said:
cool where you get the door glass
i actually have a friend that does glass and i made templates, took them to him, he cut me tinted door glass for a grand total of $51.00.........

earthman said:
good work HW,thanks for posting
THANKS MAN, i am really liking the look of my truck as it progresses........still allot to do, but it is becoming everything i had imagined....

I wanted the truck to look different. Most rat rod pickups end up with a short front end, i went with 32" hairpins to give the truck a long look...

Actually the fad with most "rat rods" is the long overextended wheelbase. Some people like it, but I agree it looks awkward IMO. It would look much more proportioned if you pulled that axle back about 8-10" or so. However as most say here, it's yours build it how you want.

You are going to be disappointed in your turning radius though. Most of these overly long stretched-out front end cars need a 10 acre field to turn around in...

Actually the fad with most "rat rods" is the long overextended wheelbase. Some people like it, but I agree it looks awkward IMO. It would look much more proportioned if you pulled that axle back about 8-10" or so. However as most say here, it's yours build it how you want.

You are going to be disappointed in your turning radius though. Most of these overly long stretched-out front end cars need a 10 acre field to turn around in...

You are right, the turning radius is tough, but i really like the look and feel of the entire set up........The car is just for cruising, so it's not like i am going to be in areas that are super tight.

You are right, the turning radius is tough, but i really like the look and feel of the entire set up........The car is just for cruising, so it's not like i am going to be in areas that are super tight.

Besides that with enough throttle you can make any corner with effortless ease!!!!

Just out of curiousity what is your radiator out of?

The radiator is out of a 1979 ford pickup.................and i had a bad day today, scratch the door glass for now, i broke it. Since it's been so cold here and in the shop, i figured i would move my halogen lamp closer to the glass and track to help the epoxy cure. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........I managed to get the track back off without breaking the glass any worse, and hopefully the glass guy will be able to use this cracked glass to make me a new piece

Latest posts

Back