door latches

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonechop

I have a 34 ford pickup cab I am going thru and I am wondering if bear claw latches would work in these doors and which size to use, just looking for some other opinions/suggestions. thanks

I am building a 34 international (which is close to the same size doors) and I used the large bear claw latches on mine and they work good. You could probably use the small ones though. I have some pics if you want to see how the large look.
Scott

VW

I have a 34 ford pickup cab I am going thru and I am wondering if bear claw latches would work in these doors and which size to use, just looking for some other opinions/suggestions. thanks

I know that there are some strong oppinions on latches IE saftey and all, but I used the latches on a VW Golf, all VW Golfs, Jettas, Rabbits, Fox etc they are an external latch that simply unbolts. they are really easy to retrofit. they work just like bear claw latches, they even look the same. just be sure that when you get the latches from the wrecking yard, you cut the striker post out of the door jamb, that way you have the post, and the threaded boss that it goes into, then all you have to do is weld the stiker post into your door jamb.

Pablo

Latest posts

Back