Down South Junkin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Howdy. Been lookin at RRR for a while. Finally joined. Been workin around cars since I was 12. Built some hot rods and 4x4s over the years. Gettin ready to start on a rat rod once I get some other junk outta my shop. Got a 41 Chevrolet that was a former US Army truck. Still has USA on the hood and a white cross on the door. Lookin forward to startin this build.

welcome to RRR from alabama , love those old trucks . Sounds like you've got a fun one to start with. Imagine the stories that truck could tell if it were able .

Welcome to the site, I'll be interested to see your build approach on the 41, seeing that I have a 45 I'm still sitting on.:)

Thanks ya'll. Lookin forward to gettin started on it too. Its far from a nice truck but it's got plenty of character. Right now it is yard decoration with christmas lights around it. No frame, just the cab and front sheet metal, with a 47 Stude bed. All sitting on blocks. With a 34 ford front axle someone welded solid into a trailer axle sitting under the front. Plans are just use the 41 cab and a few frontend pieces on a home built frame, 327 or 350, 4 or 5 speed tranny. Ride about 3 inches off of the ground and see what happens.
Just gathering ideas and parts now.

Welcome to the site. Being that you are in Georgia (GO DAWGS!!!!) maybe we will run into each other at a show or swap some time. Lookin' forward to chattin' with ya.

Latest posts

Back