Dual rear wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd have to agree with you. It's awesome! Anybody have any ideas on what size the tires and rims are? Those are killer!!!

They look like 22.5 truck tires, but with a lower profile...the rims match as well, but appear to have been plugged and redrilled. From this angle it looks like the front tires are going to hit the headlights when turning?

OK Gastrick, I've spotted a knife chopping a rod in your Billetproof pics and now a plow tine on the front of this duallie...certainly these belong in Trippers strangest things on a ratrod contest thread!

No reason for the rest of the vehicles on this thread other than trying to one-up the next guy for ridiclousness. Not exactly a new idea either, but it is a bandwagon FAD - just like when custom cars went too far in the 60's. It was no longer about style or improving the looks of a vehicle, just about who could have the tallest fins or the most headlights. Now it is who can have the lowest, rustiest, most impractical NON-hot rod turd. Cars done with taste and style are timeless, but look back at the others now and you think WTF? I think we are definitely in a WTF era!

I agree with most of this statement. However, and I know this is going to be considered blasphemy to some, but I happen to think that many of Big Daddy Roth's cars are WTF cars. Now 50 years later, people are celebrating them and spending a lot of money to restore or recreate them(which is great). I think the exaggerated proportions of some of todays rats are built for a similar shock factor that Big Daddy was going after and I'm pretty sure they will still shock in 50 years. There is plenty of room on our roads for ALL kinds of cars, as long as they are safe.

Well said motorpsykler! Safety should always be priority one. Thanks for the information about the wheels and tires moronthethrottle.

Thunder

Dually rods

PappagalloMM3.jpg

Pappagallo2.jpg

Ahem... but seriously I kike the way they look on some rigs

Me too! Here's one I did myself. A 66 Caddy Hearse mated to a late model Ford F-350 chassis. The quality of the picture bites but you get the general idea.

Attachments

• 568D76F8.jpg
    568D76F8.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 29
OK Gastrick, I've spotted a knife chopping a rod in your Billetproof pics and now a plow tine on the front of this duallie...certainly these belong in Trippers strangest things on a ratrod contest thread!

Okay, okay, I'm on it. :D Only instead of the cow catcher, I posted another interesting part of that same truck. You might want to cruise on over to that thread and check it out.

Latest posts

Back