E-Rattus E-Roddus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished my grill insert. It turned out pretty good. The 1/4" rod around the outside really cleaned it up. Threw on a little patina, sort of.
IMG_0411_zpsd9b674f1.jpg

If I owned your truck, here's what I'd change.....nothing!

Where did you fine the hexagonal perforated metal?

The wife will drive sometimes and the little one says it's to loud. I got the metal from an AC condensor on a 15 passenger bus. The hardware store in the next town sells it in sheets I think.

I got tired of running out of gas so I finally bought a 0-90ohm Gas Gauge. So I started on a Gauge Pod thing to hold 4 gauges. I would rather make than buy. I had a piece of Square plated aluminum that I had used for various things for the truck so I thought it would make a good insert backing for the gauge pod thing.
IMG_0405_zps0af36246.jpg

Made some holes
IMG_0407_zps44bbe1d1.jpg

Give it a bend and some 1/4" round stock
IMG_0408_zpsbe5bc35f.jpg

I like mine way better
IMG_0410_zpsa8c538d8.jpg

And then tuck it away where no one can see it. Well not very well.
IMG_0441_zps2d78536a.jpg

This may seem like a stupid question but, what's the bar coming off of the lower trailing arm and running to the driver's side in the last pic?

I've never seen a panhard like that. I always thought to work properly it should be parallel to the axle and sit almost level at ride height. Have you test this suspension to check for binding and such?

many drag cars run their panhards in such a fashion.

mine ran from front left ladder bar to right rear ladder bar.

tri-angulates ladder bars, will also work with four link.

just have to be sure it doesn't hit drive shaft.

Trying to finish the rear suspension up. I've a few updates:
I swapped the front bushings for a heim joint.
IMG_2690_zpse9df18cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Still need to tighten everything up
IMG_2689_zpsbaeb40b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2692_zpsa7528c06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2685_zps7aca9acb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good ol' manual valves, because I am cheap like that.
IMG_2683_zpse4244bd2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite:
IMG_2680_zps757b75ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That looks great! I like your suspension redesign. Have you been able to test drive it yet? How is the ride quality?

Thanks, no I have not gotten it the road yet but I can't wait. I still have a few more things to do. I can tell that I might need to invest in some better shocks. These have seen better days. Any suggestions?

Got to test the suspension out and it works great. I couldn't be more happy with it. When I aired out the bags the tires were really close so my buddy gave me some wheels. Which matched the fronts and went with a taller and skinnier tire. Now it is perfect. Been working on whether or not to go with white walls or black. What do you think?
3005blackwall_zps126af412.jpg

3005wwcopy_zps2ccd9675.jpg

Latest posts

Back