Easy Stroke Indications

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
I URGE ALL MY FRIENDS TO READ & SHARE THIS; YOU COULD SAVE A LOVED ONES LIFE BY KNOWING THIS SIMPLE INFORMATION!!!

Stroke has a new indicator! They say if you forward this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along? Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue:

During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ...she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
>>RECOGNIZING A STROKE<<

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is

'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

I had a stroke about 15 years ago. I was at work, going through a divorce with a lot of stress in my life at that point. I bent down to show a customer something and when I straightened back up I was lightheaded. I figured I got up too quick but it didn't pass like it usually does.

I took them to the register to ring them out and was still dizzy so I called another employee to take care of them. The customer said to me "Sit down on the floor right there, I am an EMT and you need to call 911." It still didn't pass so I had them call my Son instead and he came immediately and took me to the emergency room.

Long story short, it was a stroke and I was in the hospital for a few days. My Son Dan wouldn't leave my room and slept in a chair the whole time, but there were no long term effects and I am fine today. But every time I get a headache or a little lightheaded it makes me wonder what is going on.

Good info you posted, it might just save a life or two.

Don

Wow Don, thank goodness your customer was an EMT. We recently had a member of my church that had a stroke. It was about 3 - 4 weeks ago. I was told that he is lucky because he has almost full use of all of his limbs except he is still struggling with his right hand. A bit of rehabilitation in the next few weeks.
Thanks for the post E-man, this is really good information. I always thought that when you had a stroke you simply passed out and either died or woke up in the hospital unable to use one side of your body. Obviously this is not the case.

Thanks Eman

Read thru it & then called in my bride & had her read it also. A big thanks. Good info.

Don, at that point in time you were at the right place at the right time. hope it never happens again to you.

Latest posts

Back