Ed Roth Story

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Anybody else happen to see the show about Ed Roth on Sunday. It was on our local station, but I'm sure it was shown on a lot of other stations as well. They chronicled Ed's life and hot rod creations. Apparently Ed lived close by Disneyland and didn't think much of Mickey Mouse. So he doodled a picture of Rat Fink and the whole culture took off from there. Pretty interesting story on Ed Roth and the people he hung out with.:)

I just happen to catch it by accident flipping through the channels. I missed the first few minutes, as it had already started, I would like to see the whole thing again. Lots of big names mentioned and shown through out, like Ken Howard, more well known as Von Dutch. Not sure what Ed had done, but it showed a very young Ed holding the ID number board up as he was getting his picture taken by the cops. He didn't seem to worked up about it...he had a bit of a smirk!

I think it's called "Tales of Rat Fink". It comes on every few months, it's worth your time to watch if you have never seen it. My only complaint is some of the animations and how the cars talk, some of that I could have done without.

they have had it in around the history or the learning channel, great show wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back