Eli... the Transformed Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW bummer dude... I was really digging what you were putting down on the ride...

nope... sorry... I don't talk like that...

really liking what you're doing to your car... hope you heal well... those ankles can be weird to heal completely sometimes...

thought I subscribe, so I catch when you get back to work on it...

Thanks!

Amazing that you do all this without a "shop" as in outdoors. I like the interior shot.

Thanks, I was trying to get the passanger door cut so I could load this thing up and move it to my parents and work on it this winter (my dad has some space avalible.)... oh well.. I'll work on sketches and research.

In the mean time.......

Thanks for all the well wished :D

I got some work done on a tool , figured I'd share, pick up this Lincoln on CL for $80. Cleaned it and painted it, took all day what i used to be able to do in a few hours, but I think it came out nice. so it's ready for action... whenever that may be :)

Oh yeah I also added wheels to it to make is a little easier to move.

check out the before and after photo.....

Attachments

• 1019131324.jpg
    1019131324.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1019131631c.jpg
    1019131631c.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 68
Back at it!

1st I would like to thank all you guys for the prayers I have healed WAY faster than the doctors expected! In fact the doctor took multiple x-rays as they tried to figure out why my leg bones looked looked so good. The Lord is so very GOOD!

I'm finished with physical therapy and itching to get back at it.

I've got quite a bit to do on the rear getting things welded up and what not... but wanted to direct some attention to the front, I'm not a ran of the 40 model grill... so I've been thinking how to make is more appealing over the past few months and came up with the rendering you see below. I also came across some head light assemblies, as the ones on the 40 were... well... salvageable, but only if I was to cut 2" off the bottom and 4" off of the back of them, so I parted with those. So I got some sealed beam something or anothers on e-bay, similar to Ford lights I think, kinda like what's in the pic, except the amber colored running/marker lamp is under the head light instead of on top. I really like the look of that style lamp and think that it will work. I also modified the grill similar to the '38-39 Chevy grills...

Any ideas or thought would be great....

I have also considered recessing the light in the fenders like they were in 1941 and forward....

the passenger side head light would match the driver side.... I on;y did the driver side in the rendering though...

Attachments

• render103.jpg
    render103.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 66
My 2 cents....

for what it's worth...(.and considering the state of my own ride).....lol...the mods look good but it looks like a 40 ford.....is that what you were aiming for? Of course you can tell me to pound salt.... :D.... Not that it looks bad....I love the look of the 40 fords....so for whatever it was worth.....there ya go..:D

for what it's worth...(.and considering the state of my own ride).....lol...the mods look good but it looks like a 40 ford.....is that what you were aiming for? Of course you can tell me to pound salt.... :D.... Not that it looks bad....I love the look of the 40 fords....so for whatever it was worth.....there ya go..:D

I have to agree with that high nose hood it does look like a ford in the front.... I dunno what I'm gonna do[S... I may roll the front of the hood back, or stretch the front fenders.... hopefully I'll figure something out by the time I get to the front.

Thanks for your input!

COOL

GLAD TO SEE YA BACK AT IT. :D

l been so unmotivated lately and ain't got nothing done on my 3 projects.

the front looks fine to me, leave it alone.

looking foreward to updates.

Later:cool:

Also glad to see you back at it.
I vote with skull on this one, all of the forty cars had really nice grilles, so I was watching this project with relish, now you want to go to a lot of work on the front to change it from really nice to ---well--- so-so. I know you've done a lot of Imagineering on this and I want you to just chuck that away. Also, I know you can get a new '39 grille but I don't know about a '40. So, take my arrogant opinions with a grain of salt.
I sure like what you're doing on the rest of the car, though.
Keep on tinkering.

Noted

thanks for the feedback guys.... I look forward to more comments...

The 40 is a touch front end to work with, if you aren't in love with it. I like the back, the side and the front fenders, the hood, but the grill just gives me trouble.. so I'm gonna work the other areas... and when the idea comes of how to make it all flow together, i"ll move on it then....

I'm thinking that using some buckets and recessing them into or sinking them down into the fenders.... I love the way the head lights on the 39 look and I live how they mount, but the 40 fenders are a bit taller... so.. I'll keep [S

I've got a ton of other stuff to keep me busy in the mean time...

Looks like it's gonna be FREEZING the next few days, but maybe I'll get to do some work this weekend as it will be back in the 50's :) I'll post up some more ideas on the front as they pop in my head.

A cheva-studeee nose?

i think something like this and this put with that.... [S

Attachments

• Custom 40 Chevy copyyuouiouiouio.jpg
    Custom 40 Chevy copyyuouiouiouio.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 44
  • HPIM0987_2.jpg
    HPIM0987_2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 46
Well....

I got to look at my Chevy this weekend.... that was about it...

got the water pump swapped in my daily driver

got the motor picked up for my soon to be daily driver...lol

Hoping to get the passenger side door cut and welded back up on Eli this weekend![;)

Latest posts

Back