Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch: I hope you fair well trough this. I hope this isn't your only stash of hay. You may be able to save some of it if you feed out the wet stuff before it gets moldy. Haying season was always a stressful time, worrying about moisture content and rain And to loose the roof on the barn I just can't imagine. Good luck.

not a lot of rain this past night... luckily. Looks like most of the 200 small bales are ok. Spend the day cleaning up the mess and salvaging and laying roof tiles. Still a big hole so I covered stuff with tarps where needed.

Attachments

• IMGP8348 (3).jpg
    IMGP8348 (3).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 24
well, thank you Couper. I appreciate your thoughts.
Tarping the roof itself is no go. I`m not climbing old wood. I trust steel constructions :rolleyes:

The tractor is in my shop, so if more of the roof comes down, it probably won`t do too much damage. If the firewood gets wet ,it will dry. If the hay gets wet (which would suck) I will plough it under and something new will grow...
It`s all relative. 4 people died in this storm. The need prayers more than I do.

Good Thinking on not going up on the roof and that's a healthy attitude. I had flood damage hear last storm.... last year, for got the name already.

I've never had flood damage, never had water comer in the house, never saw water come from the direction it came, if anything it comes from the creek 400' away but never in the house, 35 years ago came up to my driveway.

It was very disturbing watching that water rush across my back yard like that, and a lot of work to fix the damage. The water caused the damage inside, but the water didn't cause the damage to the outside wall of the house The sheathing had holes rotted in it big enough to put my fist thru....about 6 of em. Didn't know it cause they were under the siding which I did 25 years ago. My fault cause I had the grade built up above the slab on that side of the house.

Had to take the sheathing up 24", the sheetrock up 24" the whole depth of the house.

Another storm was coming 2 days later and they called for more rain fall than we had the first time. I dig a 12" x 18" deep trench that went from te front of the house to the rear, put a bucket with holes in each end with a big azz sump pump in each bucket. Worked like a dog to get ready and glad I did. I've never saw rain coming off my gutters, across my yard like that ever. Was very scary.

Anyway.....although I was working frantically to clean up, rip things up and to get ready for that next wave, I somehow never got mad....I got frustrated but never out of control.

What kept me even was many people died in that storm, folks drowned in basements and all sorts of ****. No one died here....so I was lucky and blessed. It could always be worse pal.

Sorry for the long read...... You'll be fine, just stay off the roof.

Latest posts

Back