Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys for those kind words...i really wanted to trade those off for a set of "old school" tall finned covers-and may have to if i ever install full roller rockers...but the wifey really likes the fact that after 10 years i used these for the first time...

BTW i'm still waiting for a longer set of pushrods so i can fire up this baby & see how much different it all is...
being a ford guy i estimate around 300-350 HP
my chevy friends say maybe 350-380...

changes include-
*flat-top pistons and new rings
*skipwhite/procomp heads 64cc chambers
*hooker shorty headers
*pro-products air-gap style manifold...
*B&M tork-master 2000-2200 stall converter
and of course, those new valve covers...:D;)

image002.png

all chevy parts are not the same

i have heard it almost all of my life! i'd get so frustrated at how ford stuff would not interchange and some chevy "expert" would tell me how everything on a chevy interchanges...well it AIN'T SO...

i picked up upper control arm bushings for my camaro-clipped hotrod a few weeks ago, & while i am still waiting for my motor parts to come in, i decided to install the bushings this afternoon....well i have been told s-10 a-arms and camaro arms are "all the same", but i got the bushings for my camaro..even gave what i thought was the right year--but alas! they were not right...one was too small, wouldn't hold itself in the arm...so i begin to investigate-obviously these have been packaged wrong, i mean every chevy uses these a-arms right?

long story short there are different bushing numbers for up to 80 and 81 is different...and then apparently changed again in 82? ....so chevy people can say what they want, but i always wind up with stuff that won't interchange...

and i now wait for a different set of a-arm bushings...:mad::rolleyes::(

Money making idea....

Somebody come up with a honest to God interchange book that really gives the right info..... wouldn't that be nice??!!

Mike from Sydicate Chops got his little Hotrod in Street Trucks magazine this month, (AUG Issue, but it is out now). Thanks back to him for mentioning the little bit of work I did on his ride in the magazine.
mike.jpg

:mad:

still sitting here waiting for a set of pushrods for my hotrod...pushed it out of my brother's shop yesterday evening, as i will be going to church camp next week and didn't want to take up his space...

got up this morning and for the first time in a long time was gonna watch "gears" on the speed channel...both shows wound up being 30 minute commercials- the first was for a new dodge truck, the second was for speedway motors...absolutely no wrenches turned on either show! so disappointed that it would be hard to watch again...

good news, bad news

well pushrods showed up at my brothers today, i ran over there to get them in and they had sent another set just like the ones i had sent back... so after a little phone conversation with a sales rep/customer service person i now have another set on the way (third try is a charm they say:rolleyes:)

maybe next week end i'll get to fire it up:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sold my '49 Chevy pickup this week and have started looking for a next project. I ran across a Henry J gasser start that sounds interesting. we'll see. The $2 swap meet alternator on my '36 crapped out today so that should come first.

ok, guys #1 it is not built yet....#2 i have pictures, just can't get used to this different computer and #3 i am sorry to tease you all with all the details with no pretty pics to share....

if you saw the pic of today i might get banned from this ratrod site b/c i now have billet aluminum valve covers on it!:eek:

will you be looking for a trailer now HRP :D

'26 just go to the top of your screen to the bar that is showing the code for the site that you want to copy. Put your cursor on the bar and right click your mouse, you will get a window with several options. Left click on COPY and the bar with the code you want will be highlighted in blue. Now just go to where you want to post it and right click again for the options window. This time left click on PASTE and the code will post. Now go down to click on preveiw and it will display like it will when you are ready to submit. I always click it on preveiw just to check if the link is going to work. If it does you can go ahead and hit submit. PM me if you want. Give us some cool links now bud! :)

left to me then to keep the bs thread from dryng up apparently :rolleyes:

Default 5-year-old construction worker
Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a
little 5-year-old girl and some construction workers that will make you
believe that we all can make a difference when we give a child the gift
of our time.

A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot. One day, a
Construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot..

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in
all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day
observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more
or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with
her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and
gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay
envelope containing ten dollars. The little girl took this home to her
mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars "pay" she'd received
to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally
impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own
pay check at such a young age.. The little girl proudly replied, "I
worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house
next door to us."

"Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on
the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will, if those a$$holes at Lowe's ever
deliver the damn sheet rock..."

Latest posts

Back