Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River ; he was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

Along with him was an Illegal who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back.

If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned... and neither authority has responded.

I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps...

well skipwhite is really letting me down...after waiting a week for +200 pushrods, they came in last saturday and i opened the outer shipping box to find a set of +100 (which is exactly what i sent back)... i called the office that day & the real nice sales person said she would get on it and send a set out tuesday (holiday monday) and i'd get them thursday...well it is friday and i have not got them...
hey, i'm a nice guy and all so i'll call em and get a tracking number to see where they are-right? ...well guess what...no tracking number b/c they are not showing anything going to my address...well they take my number but i seriously doubt i'll hear from them... wish i wasn't so "preacherly" right now, i'd like to go off on someone right now:mad:

wish i wasn't so "preacherly" right now, i'd like to go off on someone

Been there! You might as well go yell at a wall, it usually gives the same satisfaction as yelling over the phone.

You should have called to confirm the next day since it was Tuesday after the 4th. Odds are everyone was still tired and blabbing about what they did on the weekend.

Impressive:
A radio-collared adult female polar bear in the Beaufort Sea made a continuous swim of 687 km over 9 days and then intermittently swam and walked on the sea ice surface an additional 1,800 km.

HRP: I'm not holding my breath...

got the pushrods yesterday in the mail! (that was why they didn't originally find an order they were looking for a fedex ship/track no.).....got engine all buttoned up and it wouldn't even turn over...:mad:after chasing down a bad ground wire to the frame from battery it then turned over...put plugs in and wired them and it would hit but not run...:mad: so i chased down another wiring issue, a lead to the coil resistor was hot but it failed to connect to terminal, with that fixed it started and after a little timing adjust from lil' brother it ran "ok" sounded like i needed to tighten a couple of rockers just a tad (a little to noisy:mad:) a little rough (brother thinks carb is issue and needs a rebuild:mad:)....
walked away for a few to contemplate what to do next and when i looked back at the ruck i noticed 2 small puddles of oil under engine:mad:

it was then i decided i had enjoyed my "hobby" all i could for one day:(

WAY to many :mad: in that post HRP! ....and all before 8AM ....on a Sunday?! You know making deadlines sucks all the fun out of it so quit trying to push so hard. Kinda like installing a manual transmission - you can force it and wrestle it for hours and then suddenly, for no reason, it just slides on like butter.

You'll get there buddy. Hope the oil spots ain't nothin'.

it was then i decided i had enjoyed my "hobby" all i could for one day

Yeah..sometimes we take this "Hobby" way to seriously!!.. ;)

WAY to many :mad: in that post HRP! ....and all before 8AM ....on a Sunday?! You know making deadlines sucks all the fun out of it so quit trying to push so hard. Kinda like installing a manual transmission - you can force it and wrestle it for hours and then suddenly, for no reason, it just slides on like butter.

You'll get there buddy. Hope the oil spots ain't nothin'.

yeah, Sunday shouldn't start with complaints fer shur, i was just too late getting everything done yesterday to "share my good fortune" with you all...if it was any "reason" to be aggravated, it is because it is in my brothers shop & i hate borrowing/tying it up too long...

it'll settle down eventually but it seems like all hades has broke lose around here lately[ddd

local weather update, HOT! triple digits yesterday on my truck-thermometer, which was under a shade tree:eek: possibly another hot one today...makes me want to "reverse hibernate" and come back from my a/c slumber in the fall...:p

for the good news-i got my old truck tied back together and running...:cool:

Yesterday was our worst so far - it's the humidity right now. I walked out of the house at 5 in the AM and my glasses fogged over for about 30 seconds!

HRP and yer truck: [cl[cl[cl

well another hot one today...102 in the shade...and sam you're right, the humidity is terrible here too.....

and to top it all off the new a/c is running full-time & it is 89 inside right now...it'll probably run all night to get down to 75...:(

Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to
Mass every Sunday for the rest of me life and give up me Irish Whiskey!'

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

Paddy looked up again and said, 'Never mind, I found one.

Latest posts

Back