Engine Components

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgo70

I'm gonna be putting my engine together in the next couple of weeks so I was gonna put in an order to Summit this week to get the rest of the stuff I need to complete it. I know everyone is gonna say spend the money and get the best, while I went and got engaged in April and my girlfriend is Croation which equals BIG wedding, it's starting to interfere with my build .

It's a 383 SBC with AFR heads, XE268H cam, Edelbrock 600 carb and Air gap intake, I'm not going to race it just for street driving.

I need:
Oil Pump
Water Pump (not electric)
Starter
Alternator
Distributer (one that doesn't require a seperate coil)

Any suggestions for these, I'd prefer them raw no chrome or polish just reliable.

Thanks for any input.

Sean

Mini

My only comment is I like mini-starters. A little more expensive but better for clearance & they crank hard.

ISore

Jegs

SGO70,
I don't have a preference and think my last one was a Mitsubishi, I could be wrong here, but I think any one you buy from Jegs would be fine.

ISore

I thought I'd try to go inexpensive but American Express told me to do otherwise, cost me about $2000 to finish it off and a few other parts I needed. I think I'm about $2000 more from finishing it off but we'll see. Man credit is a bad thing but at the same time it's great!!!:D

Sean

Latest posts

Back