engine will not start

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

41ratrod

OK here is the deal. I but a ford 3.8 v6 out of a mustang with all the wires
harness from head lights to tell light . Into my 41 ford.I removed the keyless entry and the anti theft system. The computer is in and I think all the ground wires are grounded good. Plus engine to frame and to the body grounds are good.
Had everything working but the engine will not start. I'm also using the gas tank out of the mustang. the kill switch in back is there and working .It will turn over and is getting gas.
Back to the engine area, I'm also using the fuse boxes . I've got power to the
coil pack ,Power to one of the four wires in the connector ,so I changed the coil pack from a running car and still not starting. Have removed the wire harness
from the car and checked all the connections all the wires that had been cut were solider back.
So have anyone else done a engine swap like this . Its been a pain in the butt.
Any help will be appreciated.

Just a guess on my part, but what did you do to bypass the antistart so the computer still thinks it's in there? The computer isn't getting a signel from it saying it's ok to go. Any spark? Sniper

Just a guess on my part, but what did you do to bypass the antistart so the computer still thinks it's in there? The computer isn't getting a signel from it saying it's ok to go. Any spark? Sniper

That's what I was thinkin'. Some where in the anti-theft system. I would get a Chilton's manual for the 94-98 Mustang. your local library might have them on the shelf. Check the wire diagrams for the anti-theft...

Just my $.02

If you get it figured out please let us know.

CS68

Last edited:
wireing problems

thanks guys
I've been on some of the ford and mustang web sights and to the library
and got some wire diagrams but found nothing on how to bypass the anti theft system. I'd like to get it started before I go any further with it ,just got to but the front clip back on finish the head lights, plus bolt the seats down.

all rust no paint it's a ratrod

try V6power.net great bunch of guys. I was thinking of doing the same thing with my project but was given a 302 so I went with that.

Oh yea might want to check out sccoa.com for when u want some more HP

Just a guess on my part, but what did you do to bypass the antistart so the computer still thinks it's in there?

I've been on some of the ford and mustang web sights and to the library and got some wire diagrams but found nothing on how to bypass the anti theft system.

I agree. I swapped a LS1 in my panel & had to have the computer reflashed by a guy who does that for a living. Mine would start up & run for about 10 sec & then shut down. I don't know about Fords but the GM's would also reset after 50 or so starts as another deterrent. I'd definitely ck out the Ford forums for help. Are you using the orig ignition switch? And I doubt there's gonna be much info in print about how to circumvent the anti-theft... that's probably illegal.

BoB

Latest posts

Back