engine wont run after sitting 3-4 months

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59ponchorat

my 59 pontiac was running fine..i let it sit several months, now it wont start..i just replaced the condenser and points but still nothing..what could cause this?what else shoukld i look for?

dont forget to check for varmit damage, suckers eat all my rubber lines if it sat 2 weeks

Every time I open my hood I find walnuts that the squirrels have stashed!

I assume it is turning over. Bonehead is right check for gas then good spark. How long exactly has it set? - Duh - 3-4 months. Bad gas?

Every time I open my hood I find walnuts that the squirrels have stashed!

I assume it is turning over. Bonehead is right check for gas then good spark. How long exactly has it set? - Duh - 3-4 months. Bad gas?

i sprayed it with starter fluid..gonna take one of the plugs out tomorrow to see if its firing..my 1st guess would be no..but i still have no idea why..

update....

well the poncho still wasnt running and i was scratching my head..so i reset the points again..it fired up,but was running really crappy..spittin,sputterin,back firing..so i drained the gas and put some new plugs in..now it seems like its running better than ever..thanks to all that helped..

well the poncho still wasnt running and i was scratching my head..so i reset the points again..it fired up,but was running really crappy..spittin,sputterin,back firing..so i drained the gas and put some new plugs in..now it seems like its running better than ever..thanks to all that helped..

Poncho,
Might want to try using Stabil gas additive next time you let it sit up, it works!

ISore

critters

gotta watch those critters, I just had to get a new harness installed on my 04 colorado becuase some little ******* ate a bunch of wires!
found out when my brake lights and tails werent working....

Latest posts

Back