EZ wiring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custom cabby

i was trying to look for the right harness for my f100 and ran across one that says:

"Harness Supports Modern GM Columns, Including Aftermarket Columns Such As "Flaming River" and "Ididit"...."

will this apply to my truck? I dont have any extra accessories... just a plain-jane truck which i think will just accept a 12 circuit harness. any extra advise?

i think all aftermarket wiring kits are made for GM type plugs on the column,and on theEZ kits all other connections must be made-crimped on with supplied connectors i used one of their kits on my 46 ford, with a gm column and all worked O.K.
as for advice, i hate to admit it but the direction manual helped me a bunch:eek:
take your time, route the wires losely and don't make ANYTHING permanent until you are sure that it is where you want/need it (my mistakes-your free advice):rolleyes:

I used the EZ wire and it just plugged into my Ididit column. It has two plugs you can use, I'll try to remember to find my directions and let you know.

The directions were okay but I found this a lot of help in understanding where things were going when I had to modify it. Just click on the installation guide and it has some good tips as well:

http://stores.homestead.com/ez2wire/Page.bok?template=wiringfaq

Sean

i was trying to look for the right harness for my f100 and ran across one that says:

"Harness Supports Modern GM Columns, Including Aftermarket Columns Such As "Flaming River" and "Ididit"...."

will this apply to my truck? I dont have any extra accessories... just a plain-jane truck which i think will just accept a 12 circuit harness. any extra advise?

Cabby...
You didn't say which column you are using, but most harnesses will work with any column, ya just need the correct plugs. If you are confused about what you need, give me a call at 618-395-8216 and we can figure it out...Might even try to talk ya into one of our Rebel Wire harnesses :)
Glenn

Glenn... just got my harness in yesterday. Thanks for all your help... now all you have to do is come up and install it.:eek:

Looks pretty intimidating but I think I will be okay doing it. It's going up into the dash that I'm not looking forward to.

Glenn.... I am just now getting around to doing the wiring and as I have sat back and looked at the harness and then looked at the truck, then harness, then truck again... I am wondering if I should just yank all the old wiring out and then just re-run the new harness. Any advise is going to be much appreciated. Thanks.

Glenn.... I am just now getting around to doing the wiring and as I have sat back and looked at the harness and then looked at the truck, then harness, then truck again... I am wondering if I should just yank all the old wiring out and then just re-run the new harness. Any advise is going to be much appreciated. Thanks.

LOL...been there done that :)
Yep, I always get all the old wiring out of the way first. It makes things so much easier.

Latest posts

Back