EZGO rat roadster project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat-on

It has a chevy 2.8 v6 that will get a Edelbrock intake, Holley 4 barrel, zoomie headers. Trans is a turbo 350 with B&M ratchet shifter. A Speedway trans adapter and S10 rear end. 1969 VW ball joint fromt end. This is truly a Monster Garage inspired build. I live in a private lakefront comunity with miles of paved roads where custom golf carts are the hot rods, so it doesn't have to be registered. But I just may get it registered as a street legal golf cart anyway in case I want to make it to one of Paso Robles cruise nights.:)

Attachments

• const., rod 007.jpg
    const., rod 007.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 165
  • const., rod 009.JPG
    const., rod 009.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 49
  • const., rod 012.JPG
    const., rod 012.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 41
  • const., rod 023.JPG
    const., rod 023.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 49
  • const., rod 018.JPG
    const., rod 018.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
definatly going to be the fastest golf cart,for the golfers that are always late for there tee off heheheeeee

info for probchld

I made the frame out of 1-1/2" by 3" scrap channel iron. Frame starts out at 23" wide at the front end and tapers slightly wider towards the back. The frame then z' s up and widens for the integrated flatbed to be built. Rear end is mounted with short leaf springs. Wheelbase is currently 100" which I may shorten up some before I figure out the driveshaft to be shortened. Front track is 64" wide rear track with the N50-15 tires is 77". Pretty much ended up the same size as a t bucket rod. Front end is mounted using standard front end clamp style brackets welded to the end of the channels. Same brackets for the upper beam angle back to the frame. This way the front end will always be unboltable for any future mods. Mounts can be found at any vw dune buggy shop. I bought the coil over shocks there too. I will take some pics next time I take the body off the frame for boxing. Front grill is 1960's MBZ. Still lots of work to do but finishing my garage will come first so I will actually have a shop to finish it in. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
now thats my kind of golf cart!!!!! That is sweeeeet!!!!!!!! Looks like something I would build!!! LOL....I love it Gonna be interesting to see how you finish off the back end of it.....keep the pics commin!!

Last edited:
That is the single, greatest thing Ive seen in a really long timeIt really needs a roof:D. Such as the attached. Maybe break into the ol' golf bag for a shiften kanob.

Attachments

• solar_golf_cart_roof.jpg
    solar_golf_cart_roof.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi-roller

I'm using the origional fiberglass roof that came with the cart. I will make my own chopped down windshield frame and mound the top angled down like the old style t buckets.:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back