EzWire -vs- Ez2Wire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap is not good in a wiring harness. Poor wire gauges lead to fires.

I prefer Ron Francis myself. Its a bit more than those,But it is top quality that you can rely on.

My father-in-law used ezwire on his 40 Chevy coupe and said it works great. The ez2wire looks like they use the exact same wire...hhhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Budget is a big one for me on this project so I may have to use the ez2wire or ezwire... I'd love to but just can't afford the Ron Francis stuff.

I've used the EZ wire kits on the last couple of cars I did and liked them. I've never used the EZ2 stuff so I can't speak for the quality although I can see that the fuse block is different than the blocks I have received with the EZ kits.

Different bad or different good?

Made in the USA, by Americans, with Americans on the tech support (in the off chance you need them). For the pennies difference in price compared to ez-wire and their lack of customer service, Rebel Wire is the best.

Rebel Wire

Rev and 34Guy, thanks for the good words. If you have any questions about our Rebel Wire harnesses, please pm me or give me a call at 618-395-8216.

I Used!

EZWire on my 63 Chevy II and although it is a good harness I think it is very well made especially for $185 shipped to my door.The only tough part was you must use new sockets or your old ones if you chose for headlights tailights etc.. etc.. or just cut your old ones leaving a few inches to solder the new ones too.I bought the 21 ckt. fuse panel and it did include the relays and such I would recommend it highly as long as you plan on doing a little work to adapt it. [cl Good Luck which ever route you chose!

As the wire EZ

It was very simple each wire was labeled every 5 inches on the wire I don't think it would be a problem for anyone who has mechanical skills.The instructions are pretty good and I didn't call them but heard they are helpful if you need advice.

Well, I actually ended up going with Rebel Wire. They had a very reasonable kit that had all the "extras" (14 circuit) I wanted and I think I only spent about $156. Glenn and the people at Rebel Wire are EXCELLENT with tech support, the wires were color coded and marked every 6" and the directions were right on spot... they even had diagrams for headlight switch, dimmer, etc. I used a "home made" turn signal switch out of a couple relays and a toggle switch, and that was a bit difficult but that was my own fault for doing something different.

I'm sure the EZ Wire and EZ 2 Wire kits are okay but I started getting nervous at the thought of installing "cheap" wire. I know in this country you definitely get what you pay for and the Rebel Wire was great for the price.

This was the first time I've ever wired a vehicle and even with the turn signal switch issues it only took me a few days and everything:D works.

EZ

Oh by no means is it cheap wire it is a very well built harness you would be suprised ! I will have to check out Rebel interested to see what they offer!:D

Rebel wire harness

I also have the rebel wire, just like everybody else said, it is a great set up, and I felt good about supporting glenn from this site.

I used Haywire on the '53 because that's what SoCal AZ sells and I could take it back if I didn't like it. Plus Dave, who works there, wires a lot of hot rods and supplied tech help. The price was right then, but now they're a lot more $$$ than Rebel or EZ. The kit installed easily and I have had no problems since.

For the current project, F2 Stang, I'm building my own, I hope.

Latest posts

Back