F1 Brakes...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawg

Does anyone here have the bearing numbers for running the F1 brake stuff on an early set of spindles? I know Speedway has a kit, but I was hoping to buy them locally , so I wouldn't have to wait. My front suspension is just about done, and I finally figured the steering out, just need to mount the binders. TIA...

I've never known the difference between F1 and F100 stuff, but here are the part numbers for '53 to '56 Ford pickup to early Ford ('37-48) spindles:

Outer bearing on early Ford and F100 are the same.........Timken 09067 and race is 09195.

Inner bearing use Timken (or eqiv) 14116 and race 14276.

The seal is Victor 49195.

Hope this helps.

Don

PS, you may have to do slight grinding on the top of the spindle to clear the wheel cylinder, but not always.

Buy the kit from speedway. Its about half of what it was at napa. Oh, and speaking of grinding, you have to put a little radius on the inside of the inner bearing where it touches the back of the spindle. The bearing is pretty much square and the spindle has a radius so the bearing wont set all the way and itll be a pain to get off if you dont do it.

Yep, thanks, I forgot about grinding the radius off. I bet you are right about the Speedway deal being better too. Last time I bought bearings at NAPA they were like $ 26 each, so if the Speedway price is better than that go for it.

Don

Most medium-large size towns will have a bearing supply house. If you have a number or measurements you can usually buy bearings there for less than at the auto parts places.

Latest posts

Back