f100 frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i, for one, have been contemplating putting the later model like 85-up "ball-joint instead of king pin" style i-beams under my 66....it seems to be a easier adjusted front design, and is still fairly affordable/common and they all had disc brakes....i just dont know how much of the demensions are the same as far as it being a direct "bolt in"....

As bizarre as it sounds I have a buddy who has used late model Plymouth Volare front ends several times on his early to mid 60's Ford trucks. It really imporoves the ride and they fit up under the frame like it was made for it. That front end also puts the front end down low for a great stance.

I know there's some info on the web about this type of swap. Just do a search and see.

T1

Depending on what you want to do, that cab and bed will bolt up to earlier 70's F100's. You'll have an instantly upgraded suspension and drivetrain.

If you want lower, front clips from, Volare's, MustangII, Dakota's, and a few more will work. I've heard the Dakota is the best choice because it can handle the weight better. The others tend to be stressed.

I'm sure there are MII kits for it, and I think a guy still sells a Dakota kit also.

EDIT: Those kits may be for the 61-64 straight axles, but I'm sure they have something for the 65-66 too.

I have seen front clips used from Ford's panther platform (Town Car, Crown Vic ect) used on older Ford trucks. Might want to look into it.

Latest posts

Back