facebook??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellwood59

does anyone use facebook? maybe I'm just gettin' old but, I just do not get it.

too much "monkey biness":confused:

I closed an acount last year, had to use facebook to get to a bulldog site that I used to like to visit & it opened the same old info that I thought I'd deleted[S
Now it seems all that info had to be somewhere right?
I am addicted to this damn machine more than I care to admit.
I sure do miss those days when everything except churches & hiways were open on Sundays.
I need a vacation.:eek:

sorry about the rambling
ok I feel better now:)

Last edited:
You deactivated your account, It is not the same thing as deleting it. If you deactivate it, then anytime after that it will resume activation with your previous settings if you log back on or try to set it up again.

Facebook is one thing I never got into, I just don't like having all my personal info out there...

Paul

I don't get it either, same with texting, and twittering, and whatever all that IPod stuff is. I remember when a pocket calculator was high tech! :D:D

Don

i got one, but mostly to keep up with family and friends across country. but i don't put my real info there (or anywhere else online). facebook (and google) are pretty scary when you start looking into who is behind some of there funding, and the fact that they are both all about information (gathering).

Mrs. throttle just started up a facebook account after being nagged by friends to stay in touch. She thinks it's stupid and that people spend way to much time on it. I don't get it either, but then again I probably spend too much time here with people I've never actually met. Difference is RRR is more like our rods visiting with each other about what they want to be when they grow up, or proud parents showing off their kids (rods).

My wife keeps telling me to get a facebook thingi,but as always I am dragging my heels, I mean I dont even have a website for my cabinetmaking buisiness yet. I have gotten along fine without that stuff sofar, so why mess with a good thing.

Facebook is great for finding/keeping in touch with old friends, I've had one for about a year now-BUT it is set up to gather information. Don't use any of the applications, play any games, don't push the 'like' button! Don't put your address or phone number in. You choose who is your friend, keep it to people you know. Some people want as many friends as they can get and aren't picky about who they are, it seems obvious when you say it out loud- but everything is couched and hidden in the little doodads, games, and gadgets! When you use 'em you are painting a picture of yourself for whoever is paying for the information.

Like a rat rod, electricity, or power tools; it's not dangerous if your careful!

I'll admit I use it

To keep up with friends and family.

But I do have a semi-functional brain, and I do not advertise when I am going to be out of town or what new things I have at my home at 123 Main street, BFE. It amazes me what some people will tell you on there.

Someone was talking today about them taking their three kids and THEIR families to southern Cal on vacation. Lessee, that means I got four houses to hit tonight.

Like anything else, use your brain. Don't put your girlfriend on your cell phone speed dial (Tiger).[ddd

Isn't facebook like those Christmas letters you get from relatives telling you what a wonderful year and life they have, like kids with 4.0 grades, and a Husband who became a new partner in his company, their dog who won first prize at the dog show, and stuff like that? :rolleyes: We all know how much we LOVE getting THOSE letters! ;):D

Don

I have an account but barely use it. As many have said use it to keep in touch with old friends and family. I do a run through every few months, if ya havent talked to me in a year i usually delete them. Try to keep a small group of friends, as I know who my real friends are (most of the time). And post little in the way of personal information, also changed all the security settings so any update or post is seen by friends only.

People I know never have time to go to car shows, get breakfast or just hang out but theyre all over that damn site every hour of the day. Even my wife never has time to do laundry or dishes but is on facebook all night and texting people at the same time. Irritates the pee outta me

People I know never have time to go to car shows, get breakfast or just hang out but theyre all over that damn site every hour of the day. Even my wife never has time to do laundry or dishes but is on facebook all night and texting people at the same time. Irritates the pee outta me
Ain't that the damn truth.

I just last month started carrying a cell phone. Had one I kept in the car just in case but now I got one in my pocket but it's a cheapo Trac Phone...cost me 30 bucks every 3 months.

Facebook...been there done that...people I ain't seen in 30yrs now all want to be my friend but can't pick up the phone and call...I'm in the book.

Latest posts

Back