Family Heirloom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droobie

Hey yall I havent been on the site in a awhile. This past week I officially became the owner of the family model A. I promised my Grandfather and Uncle that I wouldnt chop her up but restore it. Its actually in very good condition. It dont look like much but all she needs is a good wiping down and maybe some paint. The roof is the biggest thing that needs to be done. Once i get done collecting all the goodies ill start a thread on it for those of you who want to see it. Any advice or suggestions on where to buy or how to do will be appreciated.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo88/droobie_photos/fun067.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo88/droobie_photos/fun068.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo88/droobie_photos/fun069.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo88/droobie_photos/fun070.jpg

fun071.jpg

fun072.jpg

fun073.jpg

fun075.jpg

fun067.jpg

Chop it!

Ok, chop it, slam it, big block and rat it out. Sorry, couldn't help myself. That would make a great restored driver & there's plenty of time to head another direction eventually. Can you say SBC? What a great car and it's cool it's still in the family. Keep us posted.

Beercan

Darn nice car yet,heck even the glass is perfect yet, and the body isn't all beat up.Whats your plans to do with it,rod or original?

Very nice car.. I'd probably just clean it up, get it going, and stopping too.
Nice to keep it in the family. I have my wife's Grandfather's 54 Studebaker pickup. But I'm going to update it a little, but keep most of the body stock.

That one's too nice to rod. I'm sure you'll do Gramps proud with the restore.

I wouldn't even think of cutting that one up. I got to ride in a original model A a few years back and have wanted one ever since. I tried buying one back when i was 19 or 20 but the guy refused to sell it to me since he ''knew'':rolleyes: I was going to cut it up but in reality i wanted to see the look on my great g-pa's face when i rolled up in it but now I'll never get that opportunity. I'd restore it and ride around town with your grand-pa, that will be worth more to you than any rat/hot rod that could be made out of it. Just my 2 cents.

Yer a lucky guy..!
Nice car, you'll have fun with that. There are many ways to go with it ,without chop'n her up. I would add some early speed equipment to the motor, juice brakes, kelsey wire wheels.....etc.

restore it for sure. Do not cut it at all, there are plenty of other A's out there that can be found to cut. would be nice to bring it to original as you can due to the history.

As far as the roof. there is a tech article in H.A.M.B. that has cloth roof replacement on a model a. read it before and was pretty in depth.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to restore it and restore right. There is a guy in town here with a 29 its very nice looking but sounds stressed and you can tell that the fenders and the doors are filled with bondo. No bondo in this baby. Thanks everyone for all the comments on it and advice on where to shop. I'm getting anxious to start on it. I'm glad yall like it.

Oh and I forgot to put into the first entry that My grandpas neighbor has a 31 sitting in his back yard in the same shape as Mine. He is a pack rat. Long story short, He moved out of his house and left all his junk. People have broken into it and just made it a complete dump. The city has given him 30 days to clean it up and if he doesnt within 60 days the city is going to doze the whole property. I'm going to try and get the neigbors phone number. I wanted it to cut up but i have no room for it. If i can get the number ill post it. The car is in Tucson Arizona.

I agree with the rest; To nice to cut up, get the other one and cut it. If you don't have room for it I'll come and get it. I'll even let you ride in it when I'm done with it. LOL. RUSTY :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back