Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking ride, and even better that you and your son are doing it.

I just read the whole thread, and might have missed this, but what kind of ground clearance do you have? I love the look!

Great looking ride, and even better that you and your son are doing it.

I just read the whole thread, and might have missed this, but what kind of ground clearance do you have? I love the look!

Thanks, we're having a good time.
Right now, the lowest point on the rocker is 3". I want to run it at 2" usually with some skid plates on the bottom. We made adjustable mounts, so we can put it down to 1" or up to 5" quickly. I haven't finished out the front end yet and it's still pretty ugly so I haven't posted any pictures of how we did that part. I'll post some when get that part completely figured out and it looks a little better.

waiting impatiently, LOL Wish i was that far along. Is your son excited about it allot.

Now that he's driven it, he's really excited. Maybe it was because there aren't any brakes yet........? and you need to quit jacking around on this site and work harder on that badboy of yours. Yours truck is like ours on steriods. Speaking of which, maybe I should go to work too. :) I'm waiting impatiently to see yours rolling and driving.

Ive been checking up on this build , and i have to say , that truck has changed my mind on building my master deluxe 40. Great thread, great work , simple ,straight to the point, and clean , very clean!! Thanks for the motivation.

Do u mind me asking how bout how much you have put into this build?

Ive been checking up on this build , and i have to say , that truck has changed my mind on building my master deluxe 40. Great thread, great work , simple ,straight to the point, and clean , very clean!! Thanks for the motivation.

Do u mind me asking how bout how much you have put into this build?

Thanks for the kind words. But I'm curious, how did it change your mind on your build? And the money? I haven't kept track, on purpose. Most of the parts have been donated to the cause or we've scrounged swap meets and salvage yards. The tires and dropped crossmember have been the only significant money. That's one of the fun parts that this build has been, keeping it cheap.

This thing is very cool... don't know how I missed it since I am a sucker for father/son projects. Really, really cool!

The look you ended up with is exactly dead on perfect. Good job.

And thanks Bonehead. It means alot to us when the "Godfather" of RRR likes it. :) So how do I talk you into getting one of those skulls you make? Do you sell them? We need one bad.

Bottom side

While we had it on a lift, we took a couple shots of the bottom side. It's still not completely done under there yet, but it shows how the frame worked out.

P1010089.jpg

We had to make the seats different for each side so I labeled them during that time so as not to confuse myself any more than I usually am. If you look closely, you'll see why my son wasn't laughing and the fight was on......

P1010090.jpg

We finally got the front end finished out over the weekend. Now you can see our version of how we can change the ride height real fast.

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010092.jpg

And thanks Bonehead. It means alot to us when the "Godfather" of RRR likes it. :) So how do I talk you into getting one of those skulls you make? Do you sell them? We need one bad.

Right now there is a waiting list. I still have a lot of work coming in on my regular job, (Same shop, different hat), And I feel like I should take care of the bread and butter stuff before I start to play with the fun stuff. But if you are not in a huge hurry, climb in on the list. I have a couple of guys on the forum to take care of first. Seems what I really need is more hours in a day. Shifters knobs are $200 each.

Your truck is looking better and better. Keep up the good work.

Right now there is a waiting list. I still have a lot of work coming in on my regular job, (Same shop, different hat), And I feel like I should take care of the bread and butter stuff before I start to play with the fun stuff. But if you are not in a huge hurry, climb in on the list. I have a couple of guys on the forum to take care of first. Seems what I really need is more hours in a day. Shifters knobs are $200 each.

Your truck is looking better and better. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, put me on the list, please. I'm not in any hurry on anything. I understand bread and butter jobs. Those skulls are way cool so I would love one whenever, thanks.

Latest posts

Back