Fatman got me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

I've been dying to lower my '62 Fairlane and upgrade the brakes. Shelled out way more than I wanted to on some Fatman dropped spindles and Granada brakes.

The brakes came with 2 drivers side brackets 0 passenger side. :mad: Call them to get the right stuff on the way. But hey, at least I can get the spindles mounted in the meantime right?

So I spent 2 solid nights trying to bust apart the ball joints, man what a nightmare. Finally get the drivers side apart and....wha wha whaaaaaaa, new spindles don't even remotely fit. Furious anger.

Call them up this morning. The first guy tried to convince me that they did in fact fit and I am just too stupid to understand how a tapered ball joint works. After I interrupt him and give him the part number he agrees it's wrong part and gets me too the joker who took my order. "Oh you told me you had a Galaxie." trying to turn it around on me. Come on!!! :mad::mad:

So now I have a busted apart car, no parts that fit and no weekend project.

Not the end of the world but sure is disappointing, esp for this kind of scratch.

Last edited:
I feel your frustration, I'd be hopping mad. :mad:

"Good Help is Hard to Find". They should change it to "Impossible". In what language does Fairlane sound like Galaxie? I hate to say it, but prepare yourself for a box full of Granada parts. :eek:

Last edited:
After I interrupt him and give him the part number he agrees it's wrong part and gets me too the joker who took my order. "Oh you told me you had a Galaxie." trying to turn it around on me. Come on!!! :mad::mad:

Dude... I kept tellin' u that was a Galaxie!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I`ve heard several people had problem with Fatman. Sorry to hear about that. I hate having to wait on something for the car, only to find it doesn`t fit like they said it should.:mad: I bought a front brake kit for my car from another company. But had to fight with it for three days before finally getting it on.

How about some pictures of your Galaxy? I don't think I've seen that one!

Sorry Sam, I went outside to take pics and discovered it's actually a Maverick. I don't know what year it is, but I'm pretty sure it is the rare 5 cylinder diesel they made in '87.... but shoot, I'm just no good at this car stuff!!

I won't fret though, 'cause Fatman makes a drop spindle and they tell it's the same one they put on the '64 1/2 Granada with the V12. You know, the 451 Cleveland they only made between '64 1/2 and '64 3/4.

OK, I'm done now, thanks fellas! :D I will say that my brother about spit out his coffee when I told him what I paid for this stupid kit with lowly Granada brakes....:eek:

sorry to hear about the bum-deal...but i did chuckle out loud when i read some of the other stuff you mentioned....this part =[cl

Sorry Sam, I went outside to take pics and discovered it's actually a Maverick. I don't know what year it is, but I'm pretty sure it is the rare 5 cylinder diesel they made in '87.... but shoot, I'm just no good at this car stuff!!

:rolleyes:....and this part......[ddd

I won't fret though, 'cause Fatman makes a drop spindle and they tell it's the same one they put on the '64 1/2 Granada with the V12. You know, the 451 Cleveland they only made between '64 1/2 and '64 3/4.

BI, I put in a parts order with this guy for Ya, he said he knows his Fords [ddev
You should be gettin them anytime [ddd

Jim

Attachments

• top_wizard.gif
    top_wizard.gif
    17 KB · Views: 4
I've bought a lot of parts off Brent. I'm really surprised to hear about a bad deal.. hang in there BI, I believe things will work out for ya!! I know that Brent doesn't have the best demeanor on the phone, but his stuff is top notch .....cr

Latest posts

Back