Fiero Guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMBishop

Thats right, I've been into fieros since I could drive. I'd love to build a mid engine ratrod but that would defeat the purpose of my next project. I have a need for a truck, I'm not desperate but it would be a nice thing to have, but my knowledge of the older trucks I'm looking for isn't vary high. I can show you picture of what I want but can't tell you exactly what it is. Right now all I have is a 84 vette frame which I might use the suspension out of for this project.

I like these cabs, beds and stance but just about any cab will do.
381135316_3579f209e6.jpg

untitled.JPG

This truck I'd like to build would be a work truck so it will get a nice flat black finish with our company logo printed and I'll also be looking for efficiency over power. The only thing this truck will be carrying is about 5 buckets max and a pool pole(to clean swimming pools) I've never taken on a project like this but I have done autobody and even had a job in a hotrod shop for a little while.

Fiero guy,
I think those little trucks are the bees knees, you can usually pick a cab up for a decent price, if your goin fenderless it'd be nice to get the chassis too. I think they look better fenderless with an axle, it just gives them that look, but thats just my opinion. Anyway welcome to RRR, jump on in, the waters fine, and good luck on that truck project. :D

Jim, Welcome! I'm guessing dfw mean Dallas-Fort Worth. If so, I see lots of old trucks for sale in Texas. You should be able to score something decent. Wait a minute, you could go 700 miles from dfw and still be in Texas!
Bob

You can get a similar look with any of the old mid 30's trucks. Ford has that upsweep at the lower front part of the cab like your top picture. That one sports a flathead V8 and both trucks have wide whites. The top one has wire spoke wheels and the bottom steelies. Just start looking at old pickups and even 1-1/2 ton flatbeds. Parts is parts. Most of these projects will require some welding, and metal working skills. You can use the old truck frame, or you can build one. The low trucks you pictured have some type of custom suspension, links, air, spring unders, they are all changed from factory spec.

Anyway, there are alot of pictures on this site. Alot of great guys who know, and like to share knowledge. Welcome to the site.

I've seen luckyfasteddies truck, its part of the reason I'm here. I love the way it looks and would probably want to do a ford tudor mid engine ratrod but I need a truck.

i built an 28 a-model picup truck with a fiero front suspention on it and it worked out great and even cleared the fenders when i put them on it. will pot pics if you wish to see them. had to do a lote of fab work but it drove awsome .

Welcome to RRR Fiero Guy. By the way, in reference to your photos, a 35-37 Ford will get you cab number 1. A 38-39 Ford will get you cab number 2.

i built an 28 a-model picup truck with a fiero front suspention on it and it worked out great and even cleared the fenders when i put them on it. will pot pics if you wish to see them. had to do a lote of fab work but it drove awsome .

That sounds great, I'd love to see them. If I could find some inexpensive tubular arms for the fiero I'd be tempted to use them exposed but the c4 vette suspension is just sitting there begging to be used.

as soon as my wife gets home i'll try to get the pics up for ya.
Tube a-arms arent that hard to make ,the uppers dont really have all that mutch pressure on them so try them first .
as best that i can remember ,the uppers dont have any adjustments from the factory andi had to redesighn some of the upper a-arm any how.
The whole front end will come out as a unite kindalike a mustang 2 but it unbolts with six or eightbolts and is easily adapted to a frame.
other than the small brake rotors i dont know why other people dont use them ? it worked out very well for me!

Although I do have a 87 fiero gt thats being parted out right now, I'm thinking it would be more fun to modify the vette frame. the front suspension would look great after powder coating(the previous owner of the vette before it burned must hace gas a ronold mc donald fetish because he painted everything yellow red and white)

Latest posts

Back