Fill 'er up...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

[s

Attachments

• TESLAGAS.jpg
    TESLAGAS.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 41
Wow… yes you can’t charge these things on 115. Those pumps(?) there were 350 amp and good for 15 minutes. I have no idea of what they charge.

Fun idea: post your rods at an electric station. The fellow that took that pic took one for himself.

Wow… yes you can’t charge these things on 115. Those pumps(?) there were 350 amp and good for 15 minutes. I have no idea of what they charge.

Fun idea: post your rods at an electric station. The fellow that took that pic took one for himself.

They can be charged on 115/120, but it's very slow.

In the cases of fires, it can be an issue with the car, charger, house wiring, extension cable, etc. We do fire investigation at work, there's a wide variety of possible causes.

I know for my colleagues at work that do accident investigation, they aren't allowed to touch a hybrid or electric vehicle that has been in an accident until the battery system has been disconnected and discharged by a qualified tech. Very high voltage brings potential for injury or death in accident damaged cars.

I wonder if homeowner's insurance will go up for those owning an electric car.

How about an apartment building with hundreds of units. How many charging stations must they have? Lots of electrical infrastructure questions yet to be resolved.

It's the beginning of the new world order.

I wonder if homeowner's insurance will go up for those owning an electric car.

How about an apartment building with hundreds of units. How many charging stations must they have? Lots of electrical infrastructure questions yet to be resolved.

I read a recent article about a higher-end condominium in a major city trying to figure out how to react to increasing demand for electric vehicles in terms of parkade infrastructure. What they were leaning towards was putting regular 120V outlets in each stall, and charging those who use the outlet a flat fee per month for charging. In that case, there was a large fast-charging station 10 minutes away, so the argument was that for commuting you could slow-charge on regular voltage, and for long trips or a guaranteed full charge you would need to charge at the fast-charging station. Makes sense, we don't all have fuel tanks at our houses. Having just enough juice to keep it charged for daily driving and then "filling up" for longer trips makes sense to me.

I'd like to tell them what they can do with their "new world order"

don't get me started.....;)[/QUOTE]

...nor me.....Very focused on it.

How about we put a windmill on top of electric cars, the faster you go, the faster it spins, the more it charges the battery....[S :D

If I was renting out a home or owned an apartment building I would not supply any outlets to charge an electric car. I was talking with a guy at an electric "pump" last week and he said he it was free for him because he had a package but it was $0.25 a KW. I never see myself owning an electric car. Maybe a hybrid. Read an article in a magazine a long while ago where they took a Leaf on a 250 mile trip. Leaf got about 95 mile range. Took them like 7 or 8 hours because of range and charging time. I know range is better now but kind of stuck in my head. Cost of the vehicle either EV or hybrid is also a concern. I am a 1000 dollar, run it into the ground kind of person. Jim

If it plays out like all the "pay for air" compressors around here, they won't be able to keep up with replacing all the crap on the machines that the scrappers and thieves steal overnight. I can see islands with charging systems with no cables, cash boxes raided and ripped...fun times, forget reasonable travel times and what happens when all the snowflakes get into a brawl over "who's next in line". I foresee some interesting videos on youtube...:rolleyes:

Smallfoot, you are painting a doomsday scenario. I agree with all of it. My sister bought a Tesla to "save the planet". Ain't gonna work. I showed her all of the products the can be made from a barrel of oil. Gasoline is just a part of it. She said, "oh". No changing her mind. I quit trying to influence people.

I'd move to your location, smalls, but little woman wouldn't. Hmmm, two problems solved.:D

Latest posts

Back