fill her up .... with Morton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24dodge

One of the Dodge brothers
By David Templeton, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tue, 11 Sep 2007, 11:41AM

ERIE, Pa. - An Erie cancer researcher has found a way to burn salt water, a novel invention that is being touted by one chemist as the "most remarkable" water science discovery in a century.

John Kanzius happened upon the discovery accidentally when he tried to desalinate seawater with a radio-frequency generator he developed to treat cancer. He discovered that as long as the salt water was exposed to the radio frequencies, it would burn.

The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

Rustum Roy, a Penn State University chemist, has held demonstrations at his State College lab to confirm his own observations.

The radio frequencies act to weaken the bonds between the elements that make up salt water, releasing the hydrogen, Roy said. Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies, he said.

The discovery is "the most remarkable in water science in 100 years," Roy said.

"This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," Roy said. "Seeing it burn gives me the chills."

Roy will meet this week with officials from the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense to try to obtain research funding.

The scientists want to find out whether the energy output from the burning hydrogen — which reached a heat of more than 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit — would be enough to power a car or other heavy machinery.

"We will get our ideas together and check this out and see where it leads," Roy said. "The potential is huge."

___

Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wow that's amazing, I need one of those devices. Me, Don and 24dodge live close enough to the ocean to have an endless fuel supply.

If ti did, If it could and IF it will, rest asured the governments of the world would find a way to tax it.

That my friends, is the sad part.

that would be way cool, i doubt the oil companies will do nothing short of buying rights to anything related to it though so it can never happen.

fight big oil! (right after i fill up my 6mpg hot rod ;))

Got an email awhile back with a video of this guy. I know I don't have it anymore but it was really cool to see saltwater ignite the way it did. Let's cross our fingers.

Yeah, man that would be cool. Drive to the beach, get a tan, and fill up the tank. :D:D Wonder what all that salt will do to the combustion chambers and other metal parts?? I remember living in Pa where they salted the roads in the wintertime, and we couldn't keep frames under our cars. :eek:

Don

There is and has been alternatives to petroleum fuels. And once the Government and Big Oil Companies get out of the same bed we will have them. Oil companies spend millions of $$$$ a year on alternative fuels research. But none of them are nearly as profitable as gasoline right now so what are they going to sell you and I. There is no reason not too!

Just readin this thread today, I agree with the majority of post on here, I worked for FoMoCo last 7 yrs. of employment, used to think the oil company's and the big 3 were sleepin together, and American auto manufacturer's would not build vehicle's that got better MPG's. Kinda changed my mind lately, with all the higher fuel prices, all the automotive manufacturer's are in the toilet now, they should have takin the hint from the 70's. I think any alternative fuel our scientist can come up with needs to be granted research money as it's discovered, however, I think there are to many people in our government tied to big oil, just my opinion, Hope all these price hikes end soon, gas was $3.49.9 a gallon, for regular today, I remember bitchin when gas went to $1.00 a gallon, man, I'd love to get some of that today.

There is a myth that Germany was running on synthetic fuel at the close of the war. The Germans were taking the formula to the Americans to cut a deal for a surrender. The myth was the convoy was intercepted by mercenaries employed by the oil cartels and the formula seized.

During the initial gas shortage (in the 70's), theres another myth about a new carburator design that increased gas mileage. The design was bought by the gas companies so the design could be shelved.

Not that long ago, there was a scientist who claimed he solved cold fusion, which would give an unlimited source of power. However, he could not reproduce the experiment.

Anyone hear of any other myths?

Ocean b gone!

Yep... since the icecap is melting & the sea is rising... this is coming at the right time!!! ; - >

BoB

ter is a lote of cool stuff about home made hydrogen on u-tube rat now.
seen a guy run a cb750 honda off it on one show ,really caughtr my eye!!!!!

This is going to go the same way as the diesel cars that run on used cooking oil from McDonalds..........the government will get involved and make it so that they get some piece of the pie. I talked to a guy I know from England, and he tells me that they have roadside sniffers and if you get caught using cooking oil in your car (diesels comprise a big percentage of cars in England) you get a heavy fine. The government feels you are cheating on road tax.

Let's face it, we little guys are NEVER gonna win.:( There are forces at work that we would never fathom in a million years. Big oil is only one of them.

So, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Don

Yeah that's for sure. If it moves or causes something else to move the govt. will tax it. Hopefully when that little oil tycoon leaves the whitehouse gas prices will drop back down to where they should be. Can't barely afford to buy gas anymore.

fuel

Often thought i'd drag out the old still and make some alcohol,(meth or eth). corn is cheap enough and so is sugar. Increased power, cooler running, more bang for your buck, you just burn more juice to gas ,but would almost be free.

While I was eating lunch I turned on the TV and coincidently there was a story about a company in California that converts diesels to cooking oil. The main components are a filter to clean out impurities and a heating element to bring the cooking oil to the proper temp for burning. They say used cooking oil is the best because the cooking process burns off any water in it. Soy bean oil is also very good.

They say it solves two problems........you don't have to buy fuel any more, and the restaurants are happy to get rid of it because it saves them money on a recycling fee they usually pay. McDonalds is thinking of putting in gas pumps at some restaurants. :D (I'll have a Big Mac, Fries, and 10 gallons of fuel please :D)

Just you watch..............all of a sudden this "free" source of fuel won't be free any more.

Don

Often thought i'd drag out the old still and make some alcohol,(meth or eth). corn is cheap enough and so is sugar. Increased power, cooler running, more bang for your buck, you just burn more juice to gas ,but would almost be free.
Yea, thought about that myself, but it's a shame to waste good shine for drivin, just make it, drink it, and then you can't drive anywhere. :D

Latest posts

Back