fill her up .... with Morton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every one keeps saying to make some shine to run ,but i cant see it being cheeper unless you have your own farm to rase corn and suger?
if everyone starts doing that then what do you think will happen?
supply and demand forces the prise to climb up .and i can see the govenment stepping in reall fast if evryone started doing that.
i will say that what ever sulution that you come up with that you better keep it to your self or at least keep it low keyed .
i knew that cooking oil wasent the way to go all along [and it still palutes]
electric will be years away from us normal people too [and will cost just as much as gas if not more to operate too],but i see all these people making hydrogen at home and running stuff off of it and not poluting too,so i want to learn more about how to make it and use it ![with out gettin blowed all to crap]
but like you guys said if it gets too big the goverment will step in and do something about it ,''i can see it coming ''?
man this political bull.... is really getting on my last nerv,but ,i ask you ,what can we do?????

morton

The thought off makin "shine" would only be for my car,and small engines, due to the fact that these get the lowest amount of mpg. Alcohol is a safe fuel to use is you are eco minded as it is just water vapor and Co2 when burned. corn is 10 bucks a hundred and I could theoreticly make 7.5 gal of fuel for 12 dollars ( they still call them dollars dont they? ) . I would burn more alcohol than gas because of a bad stoich ratio ( 35-1 ), but it would be nice to at least have enough to fuel my car on the cheap this summer, saw prices all day $3.25-3.45.

I don't buy into all of the bogus stories. Truth is that all the alternative fuels cost a bundle to bring online with manufacturing, distribution, & the engines to run with the different fuels.

Oil is just the easiest to bring to market & world has built "EVERYTHING" aroud it. So until it's cheaper to bring an alternative fuel to market than gasoline. Thats what were stuck with.

Enough econ 101!

As for the Germans in WWII they were running a synthetic gasoline made from coal.
They run it through a hydrocracker, break apart the diifferent componds & mix it back together to synthetically create gasoline/deisel (for cars & trucks) or a kind of flamable compressed gas similar to natural gas, methane or propane (to produce electricity through such methods as combined cycle turbine generators etc.).

Besides most all of us are benifitting from those huge Oil profits though our mutual funds & 401Ks. If you want to see who's gouging just look @ how much $ out of every gallon is Federal, State or local TAXES! The answer will blow your mind.

-Mike-

I just read today that some scientist have come up with a way to take the carbon dioxide in our air and through some electrochemical process can make hydrocarbon fuels that can fuel our existing vehicles and airplanes. They are also able to produce organic chemicals. Just think of that you could fill up with your air compressor! :D

I sure hope this salt thing works out. I've got a big fuel tank in my front yard.
IMG_1406.jpg

Latest posts

Back