Finally got a ratrod!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a 1951 cambridge right now it's got the flathead and 3 on the tree. And lots of the loved rust!! lol I am trying to figure out what to do with it so any ideas would be great!! The only thing that is taking sometime to grow on me about is the back of the roofline. I don't know it just looks to "dropped off" to me. Any way here are some pics. Also anyone know right off what the lug pattern is for it?

Looks like a cool project. Keep us updated as you go on it. The lug pattern I am not sure on that car but I think it is 5 x 4 1/2. Someone else may know better than me.

looks like a good project to me![cl
i think that's right on the lug pattern 5 on 4 1/2
a cambridge i believe is a chrysler/plymouth/dodge product there, trip[S;)

Plymouth.

86CTQJNPLBYULKEPSW.jpg

Neat looking cars. So what kind of ideas do you have? Where do you want to go with it? Gasser? Low Rider?

Dont have the bolt pattern for ya but I know that vintage Chryslers have left hand thread on one side and right on the other. Careful that you dont snap the lugs off. I did that once...

Cambridge is a Plymouth. 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern. LH threads drivers side & RH on the pass. Nice looking start. Some performance goodies for the flat 6 are still around. [cl

I don't know your fab skills, but you could do something with the rear cab section like a 41 Chevy coupe. Shrink the size of the rear window, slant the B-pillar, and find a quarter window that would fit right.

Or you could tilt the back section in when you chop it 3-4".

My fabrications skills don't exist. lol But that is the good thing about being a tattoo artist, I can always trade for work. Anyone ever seen a cambridge with a chop? If so pics would be great.

Is the windshield glass flat? Looks to be in the pics. If so, that's part of the battle already over. What's the back look like?

All cars and trucks look good chopped! Go for it![cl....You've got the makings of a great project, good luck.....CR

Anyone know right off which s10 chassis is the best fit?

I'm currently building a 49 Fleetline Chevy with a 88 S-10 frame, that I shortend 4inches for the wheelbase. Not to easy of a swap whats with building all new floorpan etc. Also due the width of the rear end you'd have to modify your rear wheeltubs etc... I used 15x8 racing wheels with 2inch backspace to fit under mine..... Or you could use a rear end out of an 2-10 blazer 4x4 which is a bit wider.

Cambridge

Welcome to rat rods rule! Sweet ride, like others have said get it running and safe. Then drive it as you learn about it. Do as much work as you can and trading out work is cool. Hey at least you know you are over your head on stuff. Same here thats why I get advice and help from others that know and ask questions so you can learn. Sucks being on the side of the road not know a darn thing about whats going on. Keep the pics coming and have fun with it IT"S your build it as you want it.

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back