FINALLY, got my motor and tranny for my next tbucket.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbucket101

.......of course its still installed in the POS '70 Deville I drug home today...amn, this car was sitting in the backyard under many trees, no windows for 11 yrs....rough isnt even the right word for this....anyway, its got the 10:1, 472, 375hp/525lbs and a th400......and I paid $250.00 for it...and the rat that live on the air cleaner...gotta get a new engine hoist as mine is shot and yank this out and do something with this car.....I hate to scrap it, although like I said, its trashed, but its got some nice trim on it still and since Im only after the longblock and tranny, lots of engine related stuff I wont use....although this isnt a "for sale" ad, but if anyone in the Dallas area needs some Free stuff, let me know, 'cause when I do get the motor out, it is going by-by, somehow, someway, so if you need some of this stuff, price is right, would like to help a brother out.

Daythecararrived.jpg

Lots of motor!

Tbucket,
That's a lots of motor for a pretty small price. Good luck and whatever you put it in should really fly!

BigDog

We had a '70 Sedan DeVille, just like yours, and it would haul. I used to crack my kids up by doing smokey burnouts with it. Plus, you can't kill those engines.

Excellent choice for your rod. :D:D:D:D

Don

PS: I would bet you could pull the good stuff off, like trim, hubcaps, etc and get your $ 250 back on Ebay. Somebody is fixing up one of these and can use those parts.

Oh yeah, the neighbors and MOMMA, just are loving it....

.....I told Momma I would have it out of here quick...if I cna help any local guys out with some free parts, I'll pull whats left over, store and list them on Egay and hopefully I cna get rid of it rather quickly....I sure hate to give it to a scrapper, but unless someone doesnt want it, that where it has to go.

Hey, bury it in your yard as a time capsule, and say you are going to dig it up in 50 years !!! (Oh wait, that's been done, and it didn't work there either :eek::eek:)

:D:D

Don

I LOVE CADDIE MOTORS! my 72 deville would burn the tires like nothing at just under 5700 pounds. :D can't wait to stick mine in that 2200 pound volvo :D

I've mentioned this before, but years ago one of the hot rod magazines had an article called "Caddy Hack" where they took a bone stock '70 Caddy four door, and ran it down the dragstrip. Then they took the sawzall and kept removing parts and making more passes. Finally, they got down to just a bare frame with something like an aluminum lawn chair on it, and even with slicks they couldn't get any traction. But I think they got it down into the low 12's, smoking the tires most of the way. :D:D

Don

Hot Rod mag put a 500 in a 1984 Camino, never got a good run because everybody got too big a kick out of smokin' 'em the full quarter. I think their best speed was around eighty mph, sideways! Didn't they put one in a Chevette, too? A neighbor has a 472 and automatic in a 2-ton IHC truck.

Latest posts

Back