Finally putting on some miles.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

In the last few weeks we have been putting some miles on not only my T, but on Don's T too. It seems we have solved the death wobble situation in his car, and I installed the new shocks Dan and Don got me for Father's Day on the front of my T and it goes right down the road now too. :) We are gaining more confidence in both cars the more we use them. Both of us punched our cars hard a few times and the front ends stayed straight and stable. :D

Tonight we went to a small local cruise in Cape Coral, which is a town next to where we live. Not many cars, but the people were all nice and had some neat cars. Our favorites were a '55 Chevy straight axle gasser, and a '56 Chevy gasser. Both had glass flip front ends and big blocks. The '56 had a ton of win stickers in the back window, he has owned it 20 years.

Now we just have to finish up Dans car and we can start doing more of this kind of stuff. I should have taken some pictures at the cruise, but we went in to have a beer and when we came out pretty much every one was gone.

Don

I should have taken some pictures at the cruise, but we went in to have a beer and when we came out pretty much every one was gone.
Don

You've got to stop ordering the gallon size beers Don.

Glad you guys are starting to enjoy the cars and are feeling comfortable with them.

Glad you guys are starting to enjoy the cars and are feeling comfortable with them.

It was Happy Hour, and they were only a buck for the gallon size.......what's a guy to do????:D:D Actually, I rarely, rarely have even one beer when I am driving anything, especially something as squirrelly and visible as a hot rod, but it was hot and we went into a little Puerto Rican restaurant in the plaza where the show was and they had some great appetizers, some of which I had never eaten before, so we just hung out and had a couple of beers and some food. When we walked out I didn't even feel the beers at all, and we stayed around for a while chatting to the two guys with the '55 and '56 Chevys, so we were ok to drive when we left.

Yep, we are getting more comfortable with the cars, and gaining more confidence in them. Knock on wood, all of Don's ailments with his seem to be behind him. Even the engine is not chewing up any valves or anything now.:D He still won't drive it to Daytona next November though, he is going to buy a motorhome and trailer to tow it with, which will also give us a place to stay and not have to get a hotel room. After last years fiasco I can't really blame him.

Don

It takes a little bit to get used to the new ride. Was real leery of letting Momma drive her truck til I was comfortable driving it. Glad you & Don are able to run them more.

Good news for you guys...... as for your drinking problem......I've have to stock up before you roll up my way to p/u the parts.

Ratty 46 (hicup)

You're right Bruce, it takes a while before you stop hearing little noises and smelling things burning. Every trip helps a little though. One time my Ex Wife asked me to pull over and let her drive my '27. She couldn't push the clutch pedal down and accused me of making it so stiff on purpose so she couldn't drive it. LOL:)

Paul, I hear you guys have some good beer up there in Atlanta. Trouble is, I will have a 10 hour drive back after I leave your place, and a couple of beers put me right to sleep. Maybe we will share one at Turkey Run in November. :D:D I'm looking forward to seeing your '46 in Daytona too.

Don

Pitcher" nite!!!

Gastrick,
It wasn't his fault it was "pitcher" nite!!! :D:D:D

Don,
Glad u're startin' to enjoy u're car after all that work. Great car & it needs to be driven & seen!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back