Finally !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

Well,for the past 3 years I have been trying to get a master cylinder for my 50 ford. The original has been rebuilt so many times over the years that it wont even take a kit anymore. I at one point got a quote from a machine shop to sleeve it, but at $300 I thought they must have lost there mind ! I tried through a couple of online places but they always sent me the wrong one,or were on backorder, same story for all the local parts places. MACS auto parts has been on back order for them everytime I checked, but tonight.....tonight I got er' ordered !! I am so stoked I can hardly contain myself ! Only issue now is I have to go to west texas and get the car since I am now in cheyenne wy. [cl[cl[cl[cl:cool:

Yea, for whatever reasons the parts houses like to give me water pumps,and brake parts for a few years either way of what I have. I'm glad to ! I just have to run down to texas and bring her to wyoming ! then I can be cruising again ! :eek:

You know how those parts books work....

Oh it will fit a 50, 51, 52 and 53...of course not if it's a v8...then it only fits a 51..but it it's a 53 then you have to have the mid year model.....on and on and on.....you know what? It's the same way now with the new stuff.....:eek:

Won'n be to bad a trip really. It's about 8.5 hours one way to where I'll be headed. I only hope that when I go I can make it there and back without to much snow/ice along the way ! As far as pics go,I have been wanting a camera for a while now.....

Well,made the trip and got the 50 ! I figured why not make it a fun trip so took the wife and kids to capulin volcano on the way to texas,then stopped at the made a few scenic stops,the zoo,and Cabella's on the way back to wyoming...Hit a dust storm along the way as well.Had a good time got a crappy 7.2 MPG on the return :eek: Also picked up my 52 IH fridge that I am gunna redo for a shop fridge !

Attachments

• logans1st-panhandle trip 035.jpg
    logans1st-panhandle trip 035.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • logans1st-panhandle trip 044.jpg
    logans1st-panhandle trip 044.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 16
  • logans1st-panhandle trip 056.jpg
    logans1st-panhandle trip 056.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
  • logans1st-panhandle trip 059.jpg
    logans1st-panhandle trip 059.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
Pics of said car will have to wait untill tomorrow ! I am flat beat and so I just dropped the trailer and came in the house !

I don't know if your priorities are in the right order. work on the car first or let us know about it first. Just kidding. Glad you had you had a good trip and all when safely.

Latest posts

Back