Find anything wrong here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45K and dynamat showing everywhere? No rust but sprayed to look like it? The text says it goes to SEMA if it doesnt sell at that auction, and yet there is no reserve. Currently under $6K for a 45K truck? Ok, sure.;)

That's a TRADITIONAL rat rod. That's how we used to build them back in the 2000's. Yep, I was part of that scene back in the day.... :rolleyes:

Just for the heck of it, I sent a question to him through Ebay on the confusing title. He replied that it is a Ford body with a Chev engine. But, then how many times have we seen an owner pay outlandish money for something to be built, that they know nothing about in the end.

This is what happens when the general public tries to participate in a sub-culture. ...Some people just don't get it.

Just for the heck of it, I sent a question to him through Ebay on the confusing title. He replied that it is a Ford body with a Chev engine. But, then how many times have we seen an owner pay outlandish money for something to be built, that they know nothing about in the end.
Did he said if its titled Chevy or Ford? I passed on one. A 1937 Ford Pickup with a 1991 Ford Ranger Title. That just looked like trouble to me.

man that thing is nice! (just give it to a real ratrodder now so that he can make it into a REAL RATROD!!!!)[ddev

i just love those who do not "get it"... and clearly the guy with this chevy (ford:confused::rolleyes:) does not get it...

even bragging about "rust free" is strange terminology for us...

but for 45,000 that rust better be fake! heh heh heh:p

Did he said if its titled Chevy or Ford? I passed on one. A 1937 Ford Pickup with a 1991 Ford Ranger Title. That just looked like trouble to me.

Didn't say.

Bid is up to $9300. with 4 days to go, still a long way from 45G's.

Just from the pictures, it looks like a real nice build, regardless of what it may, or may not have cost to put together. In my eyes it's a candidate for a nice paint job, it doesn't have to be big buck paint job, just nice. (I've turned out a few backyard ones by accident.;)) With a suitable grill shell of the same era as the body, you would have a great looking hot rod. I'd sure be happy with it. But a Rat Rod it's not. :)

well obviously he not a real rat roder. how many real rats hve you seen that high dollar steering column. or ground the welds from a chop top and smoothed them . naturaly primed it so it dont rust. made perfect aluminum panels for the door panels. that kinda money should have built at least 10 to 15. id like to see what he wears too while driving it . a 3 peice suit .

Latest posts

Back