Fingers Crossed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Way off topic, was just happy and had to tell someone... After sitting on my Jeep for the last three months with a sale sign in the window, and pimping it on as many local Jeep forums and Kijiji and sites as such I have a sale pending. Best part is we have worked out the price and I am $500 more then I was willing to let it go for, realise not much but it's a start.

The Mrs. has told me I need to have the Jeep sold before I can buy a car. So if it doesn't fall through, I may be picking up an A sooner then I thought... Sorry just had to share as I am completely excited at the moment, now to spit polish and button up 1-2 issues [;) with it tonight and hopefully tomorrow it's off to it's new home.

Cheers!
Pete:D

Yep, hope it goes through. An A is better than a jeep any day.

It is true... just disappointed in myself it took me so long to realise. It's been a long wait for jsut the rigth guy to buy it so fingers crossed it'll be done and gone soon.

Kind of hard to sell a Jeep that is this modified it makes it so only a select few buyers would even consider looking at it.

Wow that was a hell of a morning. Went out to the garage to move the Jeep out onto the driveway, go to turn it over, and sput sput - nothing. Battery is flat dead, and wouldnt hold a charge. So off to the local parts store for a new battery. Get the battery in and the guy shows up almost an hour early just as I was finishing off tightening the terminals.

So now the sales pitch... he seemed to like it, actually had an idea of what he was looking at, sort of has some buddies with Jeeps so they have filled him in a bit. So we take it for a drive, everything goes fine. Get back we talk a bit more, and then the "well I have one more Jeep I want to look at today so I will get back to you on Monday". So now the wait and see... on a good note I seemingly have a second guy with interest he just called me this morning...

Hope it works out for you. I know how it is with the one project at a time rules LOL.

Well turns out all the excitement for nothing. 2nd guy was a 17yr old kid and his dad, he is looking for a jeep to cruise to the beach and try and pick up in, which isnt what I have, before we took it for a test drive, I knew it wasnt the Jeep for them and had told his father that, he seemed suprised by my honesty. He did pay me some nice compliments on the Jeep as far as maintenance and the overall condition of it, but alas that doesnt do much for me in the end, just nice to see someone would notice. Oh well someone will eventually come along, back to the waiting game again.

Well I am excited again, gotta stop getting my hopes up. Turns out three might be my lucky number...

Got a call from a guy last weekend he came and saw it, and then didnt say much when he left. I had went camping this past weekend with the family and I guess he was frantically calling me all weekend, I had 8 messages on my phone from him. As it turns out he is really excited to buy it. Going to pay me $1000 more then the last guy I thought was lined up. So fingers crossed one more time that he shows up on Wednesday as arranged to pick it up.

Now the dissappointing part, three of the model a's I was looking at are now gone, and the one that is left isnt in great shape and isnt a great price, so with any luck I will be starting the search for cars soon enough...

hope it all works out this go-around!
i've been there, the waiting is a killer, and hoping to turn a quick-sell into another project always makes it worse for me....(i usually wind up taking less than i wanted just to get to move on to the next one....):rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back