Finished brake pedal and Gas pedal install

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotwheels

Last couple days i had to rework my brake pedal and my gas pedal. Check out the pics. The brake pedal was about 17 inches off of the floor. I took the pedal out, cut it at the first curve up from the actual pedal. I took some 1/4 inch plate metal, and cut 2 pieces out. I then v butted the 1/4 inch steel to the original pedal and welded it up solid. The pedal is now 5 inches off of the floor. As far as the gas pedal, well it was actually 1 bolted against the firewall. I removed it, took a piece of 1x2 tubing, cut it to the length i needed, drilled 2 holes in it for the pedal bolts. Welded the 1x2 to the firewall and set the 5 inches off of the floor and 5 inches center of the brake pedal to the gas pedal.....Sitting in the truck, it feels natural.

Attachments

• 47ratrod45 003.JPG
    47ratrod45 003.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 47ratrod47 001.JPG
    47ratrod47 001.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 91
If you simply extended the brake pedal you'll find your brakes twice as strong as before: Mechanical advantage.

But the pedal will move further.

I did notice a big change in the stopping power since i extended the brake pedal......It is awesome. I think the measurements i used worked perfectly.....Thanks for the positive comments.

Latest posts

Back