First Build Hello from Knoxville, TN 1938 GMC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38_GMC_RAT

Hi Everyone,
I have just started on my first build. It is a 1938 GMC T18B. It once lived as big truck carrying who knows what. I bought just a front end. No frame but pretty good cab, hood, grill, and TITLE :D . I have always loved rat rods and am very excited to start this one. This is my first one so would love to meet others who might be in the area. I knew as soon as I saw this forum and the great rods on here I had to join. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 28
Hey 38_GMC_RAT, welcome to RRR.

Good looking cab you have there. With the grille and frontend you got enough to start with. [cl

Tell us a little more about your plans?

There's a few guys from your area on here so someone will probably be contacting you soon when they see your intro.

Good luck on the build and keep the build pic's coming.[P

Ratcrazy aka Larry

I live in Knoxville Tennessee. I am wanting to build a fairly traditional hot rod. I love the Rat Rods so I may keep some of the rust. I forgot to mention the 40 Chevy 1/2 ton rolling chassis I picked up last week. I will post some pics of that. Plans for this thing include suicide front end Gangsta White walls and whatever else inspires me. I have been thinking of a straight 6 for power but we'll have to see what I happen upon.

Welcome to RRR ! don't think small on the engine , go big and let it eat !! You have a nice cab to start on , good look on a great build [cl

welcome to the RRR! you're off to a pretty good start--including pics in the intro always a plus:D---the cab looks solid...will be lookin for that build thread[P[P

I live in Knoxville Tennessee. I am wanting to build a fairly traditional hot rod. I love the Rat Rods so I may keep some of the rust. I forgot to mention the 40 Chevy 1/2 ton rolling chassis I picked up last week. I will post some pics of that. Plans for this thing include suicide front end Gangsta White walls and whatever else inspires me. I have been thinking of a straight 6 for power but we'll have to see what I happen upon.

Good idea on the straight six. I'm running a 230ci chevy six with a powerglide. good combination. Check it out on the link listed below.
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6404&page=18

Welcome from up the highway. I grew up in Knoxville and now live in Seymour. Going to the dragbash at 411 on the 26th?
Tim

I told you guys I would post some pics of my rolling chassis. Well I got to work on it for a bit today so it's not so rolling anymore. I've been racking my brain measuring out the front end to see how it will all fit with the grill hood and cab on. FUN FUN.

Attachments

• IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 6
Neighbor

Hey 38. Welcome from Ktown. Great place for a car guy. Hope to meet ya. I drive my 56 every day.....chase me down. Like Tim said...Drag Bash at 411 on June 26. Also, Moonshine Run in Newport on June 19. Look me up.
BTW, is that 40 Cevy yellow?

PM me if you need more info.

Shakey

Latest posts

Back