first build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan103

this is my first old build,its a 50 ford f6 cab, im gonna use hood and grill,shortend bed to 48'',1/4 eliptical spring up front with split wish bones,ford 9'' on a two link with a panhard bar,305,350 setup,most of every thing was free,

Attachments

• ol dirty2.jpg
    ol dirty2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 173
  • ol dirty4.jpg
    ol dirty4.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ol dirty3.jpg
    ol dirty3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 144
Nice!

Bryan,
Really nice start! Please keep us in the loop on u're build. Gonna make a kool ride!!!

BoB

I'll try and get better pics,those were with my phone.So far ive only got about 375.00 in it.If i can get every one else cars done i might get some time on it.

It looks like like you have the skills to pull off the chop without a problem. Plenty off help and pictures here to get ya through it.

Is there enough rubber in the spring eye,to avoid a bind ?
The spring and 'bones will be traveling in different arcs.
----
Looks pretty good,except the tie rod location.
Why not put it on back where it belongs ? :confused:

Bend the steering arms,so it runs just above the 'bones.

It would look better,and work better in corners.
Ackerman is your friend.

I believe so,do u have any ideas of change,never really thought about arm,will see if it will work other way,any suggestions good or bad

Like your truck. Go for the chop. I just did mine same type of cab. I was reluctant to do it but it as a lot easier than I thought. Just plan your cuts and go for it.

Here's mine with a 4" chop. They look very similar.

024.jpg

bryan103, I think you will need a shackle on your front springs because the radius rod and spring are different lengths.
Bob

Latest posts

Back